Board index Trinity Technical Discussion Trinity GM Gas WHOA 08 !!!!

WHOA 08 !!!!

Post any questions or comments about your Trinity for your GM car or gas truck here.

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS, Vas@Diablosport, JonDiablosport

Post Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:01 pm

WOW, dont know if anyone heard my concerns over my 08 gmc sierra 1500 Z71 4x4 VORTECMAX Crew Cab Short-Bed....Love saying that NOW, spent Sat tearing up my complete exhaust system installed by Exhaust Works in Tucson ( the broadway one ) I took it there as a new gen truck owner (6.0 ltr ) 8 months ago , for removal and install of perf muff and dual outs (with Chrome tips of course ) and when it was done he cut my factory Y pipe , put 2 3/4 pipes x2 all the way to the muff ( NOT what i asked for ) and dual out ....He said he does it all the time ! PEOPLE , I NOTICED MASSIVE POWER LOSS and ,told him about it AND the his stories began --- computor has to readjust , never happened before , do it all the time, dont know what to tell you ...blah blah blah , I HAD LOSS OF power,milage,towing,sleep ...So after much research , its a no-no to cut Y and increase flow without supporting back pressure , like long tube headers , h pipe , or 2 1/4 from Y to H pipe to muffler WHICH HE DID NONE ! 8 months later and no help or correction by them - but Ill charge you more to fix it !!!!!!!!. I BOUGHT a catco Y pipe (stainless ) with cats ,new 02,s and BORLA catback with dual outs AND WOWWWWWW , from before his handy work - 15.4 mpg in city to (10.8 mpg in city and 13.4 hwy after his handy work ) and did not put more than 3,000 miles on truck in the 8 month( so ---- disgusted to drive ) TO ...... READY ..16.6 avg IN CITY AND HWY ? to excited rodding around town to get on hwy yet , oh a/c on 15.5 city...PLEASE dont be scammed by exhaust men ..DO THE RESEARCH ON THE NEW GM,CHEVY ..AND once i flash for new factory updates , DIABLO TIME (Trinity 1000 of course, i have it already and waiting )... oh, looking forward to install roller rockers and a new cam too . MY BABY IS TRULEY ENJOYABLE AGAIN!!!! ..Thanks for letting me ramble (wife dosent understand ) coming home each day from work looking at my 08 and instead of getting in and going for a drive , i would hop into my 04 service truck and go around town ( loaded with tools, ladderes etc )...Ill keep with the updates ..

Post Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:45 pm

Running true dual exhaust in these trucks can be done... But cats and O2 sensors have to be left in place with smaller piping out the back for back pressure... Cats and o2s can only be removed if a custom tune is involved. But smaller pipe is necesarry for back pressure...either way it can be done if treated correctly. If he pulled cats and o2s out your lucky the truck was actually running good enough to drive lol. I've seen a few were the bad or no O2 readings will trigger the ecu to run in basically limp mode. 25mph or less max. Glad u got it fixed up.

Post Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:24 am

Typical shop that has no idea how to build power. See them all the time. You gotta know exactly what you want and watch them do it, or they'll just do their own thing. A lot of owners are the same way when it comes to exhaust. Always want the biggest and freest flowing system. Problem is, that doesn't work on the street, especially on a N/A motor. They need backpressure to run right. With a turbo you can get away with it because the turbo itself causes backpressure, but on a naturally aspirated motor, going straight pipes from the manifolds isn't gonna work.
You can't PM me, so don't even try. I am not employed by DS & can't help you. :p
2015 BMW 335i xDrive Gran Turismo MPPK FBO.
Looking for a back-end tune so I can get a bigger turbo

Return to Trinity GM Gas