Board index Trinity Technical Discussion Trinity Dodge Gas Lost Quick Adjust after Upgrade '14 Jeep Wrangler Unlim Rubi

Lost Quick Adjust after Upgrade '14 Jeep Wrangler Unlim Rubi

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderators: mikel, Vas@Diablosport, JonDiablosport

Hello - I have a 2014 Jeep Wrangler 3.6l Unlimited Rubicon with 37" tires and 5.13 gears (upgraded from stock). I've been running the quick adjustments for those and the 87 performance tune since I bought it in August of last year with no problems. TPMS was disabled as the tuner did not seem able to lower the TPMS threshold though. It did seem to hold onto shift points longer than it should but it was working and the Jeep was driveable.

Last week (Aug 29) I decided to detune the Jeep and upgrade the programmer to see if TPMS thresholds were fixed or if the shift points had been adjusted. I upgraded to 1r13d crom. That was a terrible choice. When I tried to retune the Jeep after upgrading the tuner (and subsequent upgrade of the Jeep's CALID that was required) the quick adjustments option is no longer available and I can't adjust for tire size or gears.

I called in Monday and spoke with Garrett and he had me try a few things for due diligence and then got my VIN so the engineers could test it. He said to check with him at the end of the day and he would probably know something. I did and he said it would be the next morning. I checked again the next afternoon by calling and he said the engineers were able to replicate my loss of the quick tunes option menu and it would be fixed in the next release expected in 2+weeks. I asked could we downgrade the tuner as things were working enough at least to be able to drive the Jeep safely whereas I can't now. He said no - we risked bricking the Jeep. I was shocked there wasn't a failback version that is a known good version and shared how we did this routinely with my industry (Networking) and being unable to drive my primary vehicle for 2+weeks wasn't going to work and if there was something else we could do or I'd have to sell the tuner and get another quickly as I can't drive my vehicle - I don't have oem tires anymore, I can't swap gears, and the Jeep starts cutting power going down the street and isn't driveable without changing the gear ratios.

He said since I knew how things ran at his office I could take my Jeep to the dealer and have them flash it and sell my tuner.

I was angry as can be but thanked him for his time and hung up.

I noticed this morning that 1r13e was available for download. I upgraded the tuner and went out to the Jeep and still no quick adjustments. Between the d and e release was about 2-1/2 months. I can not wait 2-1/2 months for an upgrade to restore the features I had on the tuner before upgrading.

Is the next upgrade which includes the fix for quick adjustments being unavailable going to be released next week or 2-1/2months from now?

Do any of y'all have any other possible solutions? I appreciate any help. Thank you.
Last edited by BigP655 on Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bueller? Is this forum monitored?

we're looking into this, sorry for the delay

mikel wrote:
we're looking into this, sorry for the delay

Thanks Mike. Any updates or eta? Thank you.

Mike - you guys could be working on this, I really don't know as I haven't heard anything, and since we're on our 3rd week since I called in originally I went ahead and bought another programmer to handle the quick adjustments section. I don't like having to spend another $200 on something your programmer did do before upgrade but I guess it is what it is. After adjusting my tire size and gear ratio my Jeep no longer goes into limp mode and is drivable again.

Return to Trinity Dodge Gas