Board index Trinity Technical Discussion Trinity Dodge Gas It's been two years since? What do I do now

It's been two years since? What do I do now

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderators: mikel, Vas@Diablosport, JonDiablosport

Two years ago purchased the Trinity for my 2012 Dodge Charger R/T. At that time I installed the software, ran the update on the Trinity and then I took my car to a performance shop and had them install my 93 oct tune. He ran a before and after dyno results attached.

I have not done anything with the tuner, its just sat in the box!!!! Now I want to start playing with the tunes and trying different things (as well as having a custom tune made at some point after I get my long tube headers)

Im lost at where I should start. As I said I never took the tuner out of the packaging after the performance shop installed the 93 oct tune and its never been attached to my computer since so Im probably missing some updates and I did not write the back up to my computer although I can see it has been backed up on the tuner.

What steps should I take? before I start making changes?
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (143.97 KiB) Viewed 2121 times

I wouldnt change anything really....

i agree...... that is a decent gain. :mrgreen:

unless of course you add more parts ;)

Thanks!. I was looking to change some things like fan settings to take advantage of a 180 T-stat, turn MDS off, maybe a little throttle boost - little things.

I have never written the original backup to my windows PC from the Trinity Tuner- My PC hasn't been turned on in over 1 1/12 years!!!

I now have that PC running again. Should I write the original tune back-up to the Windows PC first, then run the trinity downloader update then make the changes mentioned above?

no need to do anything with the backup, go in and select the tune, make the changes, and reload it :)

mikel wrote:
no need to do anything with the backup, go in and select the tune, make the changes, and reload it :)

Awesome! Thanks Mike.

Is there any benefit to updating the trinity downloader software?

Return to Trinity Dodge Gas