Board index Trinity Technical Discussion Trinity Dodge Gas Caliber SRT-4 help

Caliber SRT-4 help

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderators: mikel, Vas@Diablosport, JonDiablosport

Post Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:15 pm

As stroudtom suggested, I tried looking at LT and ST fuel trims on the way home but after going to the monitoring screen and showing 0 values for everything for a few seconds it would go to an error screen with only the "Halt monitoring" option, then go back to the main menu. It said the car was off. Tried about 8 times, turning the car off and on, unplugging and plugging back in and same result every time. So couldn't look at anything..

Post Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:52 am

Well, I figured out the issue. Even though I was able to monitor on the Trinity in the past, somehow the vehicle type had changed, and I had to go in and change it back. Now I was able to look at short/long term fuel trims, but it looks fine. At idle, stays around 0%, though on the way in this morning, I had a lot of partial throttle jerkiness. Fuel trims, throttle voltage both looked normal during the slight jerky behavior, and no knock at that time. I would guess somewhere around 30-40% throttle when it was doing it, but it's done it at light throttle, WOT, and everywhere in between.

Post Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:44 pm

I did another log today. I try looking at them myself, but I don't see anything unusual. I don't have anyone else's logs to compare to, either, but I did notice when the car is idling, the spark advance goes anywhere from -2 deg to -12. I don't know if that means anything. I'm probably grasping at straws. Anyway, in this log, somewhere around the 2 minute mark is when I noticed the worst partial throttle jerkiness.
Attachments
9-15-15.log
Latest data log from today
(126.34 KiB) Downloaded 250 times

Post Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:14 am

RaggedEdge wrote:
sohfast94 wrote:
Can you get me the current last tune written.

Current last tune written is in the 3rd post in this thread (called PCM_05187661AF_Perf_91oct_modified.drg).

I do not want the tune with the speed limiter problem. I wanted the current one after it had been reset that you are currently running.
Insert Clever comment here...

Please do not PM me as I rarely see the notifications.

Post Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:42 am

sohfast94 wrote:
RaggedEdge wrote:
sohfast94 wrote:
Can you get me the current last tune written.

Current last tune written is in the 3rd post in this thread (called PCM_05187661AF_Perf_91oct_modified.drg).

I do not want the tune with the speed limiter problem. I wanted the current one after it had been reset that you are currently running.

This is the tune I'm running now. After I had the speed limiter issue, I went back to the stock tune, then later loaded the Performance 91 tune back on. I was unable to save info / data log for the speed limiter issue because I was late to work at that point, and just trying to get the car running. The speed limiter issue was something I mentioned because it shouldn't have happened in the first place, but I know now to not adjust speed and rev limits unless I don't have anywhere to go for awhile..

Post Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:08 am

No attachment.

Post Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:00 pm

I just downloaded it from my 3rd post. Does this one work?
Attachments
PCM_05187661AF_Perf_91oct_modified.drg
(3.25 KiB) Downloaded 286 times

Post Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:43 pm

In case it matters at all, I've now gapped my 1 step colder Iridium plugs down to .025. Didn't help at all.

Post Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:15 pm

Just an update for anyone reading. I didn't know what else to do with the Performance 91 tune issue, so today I loaded the modified stock tune on and I'm back to no issues whatsoever. Granted it only boosts to about 10 PSI on the stock tune but at least I have absolutely no hesitation / jerkiness in partial or full throttle...

Post Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:03 pm

For anyone reading this, I've been blindly trying to figure this out, and loaded the Performance 91 tune back on. As I stated before on stock tune it stays at a rock steady 10 PSI, which I read to be normal on the stock tune. However today, when running on the 91 canned tune, in full boost, it's fluctuating between approximately 14.5 PSI and 17.5 PSI. I would have data logged it but I accidentally left my laptop at work so I'll have to do it Monday...

Post Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:28 am

RaggedEdge wrote:
For anyone reading this, I've been blindly trying to figure this out, and loaded the Performance 91 tune back on. As I stated before on stock tune it stays at a rock steady 10 PSI, which I read to be normal on the stock tune. However today, when running on the 91 canned tune, in full boost, it's fluctuating between approximately 14.5 PSI and 17.5 PSI. I would have data logged it but I accidentally left my laptop at work so I'll have to do it Monday...

The only reason it would do this is an improperly adjusted wastegate as the pcm is trying to achieve 17.5 psi. When you started this thread it was about a misifire and part throttle which made it look like you had an old tune which did this at certain times. Now it comes out that its the boost fluctuating. These are two different issues an when not clear about what's going on it's hard to resolve your issue.

So from what I can gather I'd have to assume that your misfire issue was fixed with the plugs and gap as it should have been which is why those plugs are recommended.

Now all you need to do is adjust the wastegate and it should be good.

The last tune you posted still says it was modified. What are the modfications you made to it?

Post Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:24 pm

The tune I posted had the 1% fuel added and the -2% boost removed. Just didn't have the rev and speed limits adjusted. By the way I didn't notice this boost fluctuating like this until I brought the boost down by 10%. Like I said I'm just trying different things to figure it out. And I've had this car for only a couple months. I had no idea the stock wastegate was adjustable. I assumed it was similar to the N-SRT stock wastegate which wasn't either. I'm seriously not trying to misinform anyone. I've tried talking with other C-SRT owners using DS before posting any stupidity but those owners are impossible to find..

Post Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:48 pm

Just to pile on with more of my own stupidity, if -- as some have suggested on CaliberSRT.net -- I'm experiencing throttle pull, what would be the solution?

Post Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:28 pm

Alright so let's start over. Put the 91 tune in without any modifications and then get me a log.

Post Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:13 pm

By the way, I haven't given up yet. From various sources, it appears that one of my main issues is with the factory wastegate needing to be adjusted. However, I have yet to be able to get my turbo heat shield removed so I can adjust it. I've got one stripped bolt, and another I am unable to access. Once I can get that adjusted, I will do exactly as you suggested. Start over with an unmodified 91 tune and data log (assuming the other issue is still there)....

Previous

Return to Trinity Dodge Gas