Board index Trinity Technical Discussion Trinity Dodge Gas Caliber SRT-4 help

Caliber SRT-4 help

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderators: mikel, Vas@Diablosport, JonDiablosport

Post Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:15 pm

I've used the Predator and Trinity on my Neon SRT-4 for years with no issue, but just got a Caliber SRT-4, and am trying my hand with the Trinity on it. Anyway, first the basic info:

2008 Dodge Caliber SRT-4 (stock except for Mopar air filter and NGK 1 step colder plugs gapped down to .027)
Trinity T1000
Part: dcx_gas
Serial #: 6K0GX8E-1
Version: v.1r13d

I'm using the Performance 91 tune (because Cali). The power increase is noticeable, but I've been having an odd issue with jerkiness during accel, in different gears, at WOT and also partial throttle (like 7 PSI for instance). Boost shows steady, but the accel will randomly stutter, and I will feel a noticeable loss in power. I'm not seeing anything odd with throttle voltage, knock, or boost, but I also don't see as many PIDs on the Trinity I can monitor compared to the N-SRT. It's done it with 2 different tanks of gas (91 octane). When I load the original stock tune back on, the problem goes completely away. Going by a similar post I read, I switched the plugs to 1 step colder, and eventually brought the gap down to .027 with no change whatsoever.
Last night I loaded the Performance 91 tune back on, and tried lowering boost by -2% across the board. Also, I added +1% fuel across the board, and brought the rev limit from 6500 to 6700. I also noticed the vehicle speed limiter was set to 12800, so I changed it to something normal like 170. Anyway, this morning I started the car, put it in first and let the cold, high idle coast me out of the garage like I do every morning, and down the street before realizing the throttle was all f**ked up. When I blipped the throttle, it went down instead of up, and now it was idling at around 500 RPM. When I tried to give it gas, it almost died, and finally did, just because I was trying to frantically get the car moving and out of the road. Was able to get it parked, and now it wouldn't let me reset the tune and reload it. Said the tune failed and it had to reload the original. Long story long, I ended up 30 minutes late to work waiting for it to load the original tune back on. Just wondering what's going on, or what I'm missing...

Post Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:11 pm

Also, I didn't know if it was needed, but the Cal ID is 05187661AF. When I get a chance, since I assume it would be asked, I will attach the tune files...

Post Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:00 pm

Here is my stock tune, as well as last tune written.. For anyone that wanted to look at them.
Attachments
PCM_05187661AF_Perf_91oct_modified.drg
Performance 91 tune currently on car
(3.25 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
PCM_05187661AF.drg
Stock tune
(781.13 KiB) Downloaded 88 times

Post Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:12 pm

So I've posted my tunes, but as far as logging, could someone give me a little guidance on what I need to log? I want to make sure I'm able to provide a good log the first time...

Post Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:56 pm

In case anyone is looking into this, I found this older post regarding very similar symptoms, but it was with the Intune, not the Trinity, and I'm not sure if a similar fix was applied to Trinity? Just a thought... anyway, here is that other thread:

http://www.diablosport.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=47513&start=15

Post Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:58 pm

Reset the adjustable parameters load the tune and test throttle again. It may have been the speed limiter
Insert Clever comment here...

Please do not PM me as I rarely see the notifications.

Post Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:20 pm

Doing what you suggested got rid of the crazy idle RPM issue but not the random jittery hesitation going into boost. I guess for that I'm going to have to do a log when I get a chance..

Post Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:28 am

Just curious why they would include the max speed limit parameter if it could potentially disable the car. I mean, technically I was only correcting it, since 170 seems like a much better speed limit than 12800...

Post Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:27 pm

I was only able to get a couple quick logs today on the way home. Daily driving, with minor attempts to do WOT, although the hesitations are just as noticeable in partial throttle situations anyway. Anyway, the 1st log was accidentally taken using the Default_DCX_07 dashboard, and the 2nd with DCX_07_UP... Also, this tune was with +1% fuel added across the board, and the tq/boost setting turned down -3% across the board...
Attachments
CSRT3.log
(58.31 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
CSRT1.log
(40.88 KiB) Downloaded 95 times

Post Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:50 pm

By the way, today was probably not the best day to log, being over 100 F..

Post Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:06 am

Do you have a wide band on this car?

Post Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Not yet. I just got this vehicle a month ago, and I've been trying to find a single gauge pod pillar, because I don't want a 2 or 3 pod pillar, and don't know another good place to mount one.

Post Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:45 pm

Can you get me the current last tune written.

Post Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:47 pm

I've seen people having to gap down the plugs pretty far mainly because the coils on those are not that awesome although I do have the dwell settings defined so I may be able to help you with that.

Post Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:51 pm

sohfast94 wrote:
Can you get me the current last tune written.

Current last tune written is in the 3rd post in this thread (called PCM_05187661AF_Perf_91oct_modified.drg).

Next

Return to Trinity Dodge Gas