Board index Trinity Technical Discussion Trinity Dodge Gas Downgraded CAL ID and Dealerships

Downgraded CAL ID and Dealerships

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderators: mikel, Vas@Diablosport, JonDiablosport

Post Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:17 pm

I have had this Trinity on 2 previous Rams and now on my 2012 challenger. I got the error about CAL ID Needs to be downgraded from 05156129AF to 05156129AD so I did programmed the stock 93 tune ran it for about a 2 weeks. Then I went to the dealership the other day to get some warranty work done so I did the usual which I have done for years. I restored and reset the tool. but then when you check your vehicle in they plug in a tablet to every cars ODB2 port and they pulled up a history and other stuff. My report showed they flashed the car and it needed a flash again they asked me if I did anything to it and I told them I just got it so no <wink>.

My question is when will 05156129AF be supported. I believe it was released to fix throwing of some code or something I don't know for sure. I am trying to avoid not having to get it flashed every time I go to the dealership and being asked my where the update went and why it was downloaded. Any help would be awesome really want to keep this tuner but if it comes to the tuner or keeping my warranty or fixing an issue with the car programming the tuner would have to go which I do not want to happen
20150802_092959_001.jpg
20150802_092959_001.jpg (3.03 MiB) Viewed 2728 times

Post Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:08 am

will this update "trinity_dcx_gas-1r13e" fix the issue?

Post Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:35 am

the e crom may update to the latest, it is a good possibility.

Post Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:41 pm

Nope!! left me on 05156129AD. Like i said in the Original post I don't really care other than 05156129AF fixed some TSB throwing codes and i got that damn sticker under my hood stating it was updated in January to 05156129AF. any ideas????

Post Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:58 pm

I'm in the same boat except I have a CALID that ends in AH for my 14 Ram 1500. Any idea when we'll see an update to support the new CALIDs?

Post Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:55 pm

They can't update the tunes until FCA releases the Cals to the public. Actually, I don't even know if they still release them since the 2011 encryption bullshit, so DS may need to get a PCM with them and reverse engineer them.

Chrysler lost a lot of customers with that BS. There were quite a lot of us who went from SRT8s to CTS-Vs, ///Ms and AMGs, and Rams to F150s and Silverados. Enthusiasts don't take kindly when manufacturers tell us what we can and cannot do to our cars.
You can't PM me, so don't even try. I am not employed by DS & can't help you. :p
2015 BMW 335i xDrive Gran Turismo MPPK FBO.
Looking for a back-end tune so I can get a bigger turbo

Post Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:35 pm

Then will downgrading mess with any safety recall programing (just got done today and did a pcm update) and when the updates do become available to diablosport will I have to go back to the dealer for a reflash for the pcm update or will the new tune files from diablosport reflash my pcm?

Post Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:11 pm

be2real wrote:
Then will downgrading mess with any safety recall programing (just got done today and did a pcm update) and when the updates do become available to diablosport will I have to go back to the dealer for a reflash for the pcm update or will the new tune files from diablosport reflash my pcm?

Thats the issue im having everytime. i go to the dealership they upgrade the cal id to clear up a TSB issue for throwing codes and such and when i leave i have to downgrade the cal id and lose whatever they upgraded. im sure they are upgrading for a reason.. it looks like they are 2 revs. ahead of Diablo if they go to 3 i may just have to abandon my trinity all together. which will be sad i have had a Diablo of some sort for at least 7yrs

Return to Trinity Dodge Gas