Board index Trinity Technical Discussion Trinity Dodge Gas 2014 Ram 2500 6.4 MPG Booster Downshift Lunge Issue

2014 Ram 2500 6.4 MPG Booster Downshift Lunge Issue

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderators: mikel, Vas@Diablosport, JonDiablosport

2014 Ram 2500 6.4l
Trinity T1000 v.1r13d

Hello all,
I just purchased my Trinity and installed on my Ram last week. I only tested the 87 octane performance for a full day, and since then I have been running the MPG Booster tune. I am averaging 18 mpg now, very happy about this.

Only issue I have (which wasn't an issue with Stock or 87 performance), when I decelerate, and a downshift occurs - there is a quick short throttle during the downshift, which lunges me forward. For the most part it is not bad, but it is annoying and always making me have to stay extra alert during braking.

Has anyone experienced this? Is there a setting that can adjust this? I can understand the throttle on upshift, but braking and downshift doesn't seem to be the right place for it.

Also, to my surprise there was a Tow Tune for my model that is not describe in the tune capabilities listed for my Ram. Can anyone describe the Tow tune? I tow a 10k trailer and am definitely interested in it.

Thanks,
Matt

No replies?

Where's tech support?

Is this a 6 or 8 speed trans?
Did yo umake any adjustments when loading the tune?

The Tow tune optimizes low end torque for use when pulling a big load.

Thanks

Hey Mike! Thanks for checking in... The 6.4 Hemi on 2500/3500 only comes with the 6 speed (I think :) ). Mine is the 6 speed auto. I went back to stock, then the 97 tune...if I had to guess, it acts the same with all downshifts, even stock. I think the other tunes, and stock just do it at higher rpm, so u don't notice a short rev, but mpg booster seems to downshift very low in the rpm range, so it's noticeable. Idk...

Oh...no adjustments at all, loaded mpg booster as is.

Return to Trinity Dodge Gas