Board index Trinity Technical Discussion Trinity Dodge Gas Attention 2011-2014 Challenger owners!

Attention 2011-2014 Challenger owners!

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderators: mikel, Vas@Diablosport, JonDiablosport

Post Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:27 am

Having an issue with my Trinity for the 2013 Challenger SRT8. I installed the 91 octane tune eons ago. Since then Edelbrock used my car for r&d for their E-Force supercharger. I recently took a trip to the dealer and am having major performance issues. I assumed when it went in for service they re-installed the factory tune. Before trying to re-install the Edelbrock written performance tune I tried to re-install the original factory tune from my Trinity as I have been told to do. When I plug in the Trinity it says there is no original tune stored and that the device is not married. Yet when I look in the details it shows the correct Vin# for my vehicle in the device. I need help bad this thing is running like a 100HP car. Thanks, James

I'll go ahead and ask why would you take a supercharged car to a dealer, and then I'll ask why they would be completely ignorant enough to flash a supercharged car.
rant/

Hopefully you didnt drive it on the stock tune, so your motor is not about to kill itself.

Please give us a call with the tool powered up in the car and we'll get you going.

mikel wrote:
I'll go ahead and ask why would you take a supercharged car to a dealer, and then I'll ask why they would be completely ignorant enough to flash a supercharged car.
rant/

Hopefully you didnt drive it on the stock tune, so your motor is not about to kill itself.

Please give us a call with the tool powered up in the car and we'll get you going.

It was towed to the dealer by Dodge Corporate. I had a major breakdown on the way back from Vegas to So Cal. I was in the middle of the desert and it was night time. My options were slightly limited to say the least.

fastr2010 wrote:
I have had a similar issue, but only when backing up the Original tune. When it says to turn the key back on the car is just dead. Then after about a minute it just mysteriously works. very weird.

I just tried to restore my original tune for a service checkup tomorrow for my 2014 Challenger R/T. T1000 ran through 2 write sessions. After 1st session, said "Turn Key Off" which I did, then said "Turn Key On..." which I did. No issues. They it ran through the second vehicle write. When it finish, it again said "Turn Key Off", which I did. Then it just sat there saying "Turn Key Off". Car was dead. After almost having a heart attack, I unplugged the T1000. Vehicle dash light flashed. Was able to start. Plugged T1000 back in and it went to main screen after disclaimer acceptance.

@mikel - Not sure if this is supposed to be the case. Thought you guys should know. I'm not even sure if the original tune loaded or not. I guess the dealer will tell me (praying original loaded).

This isn't an issue, install was easy the only time you need to remove the start button and use the key is when you download a map to the vehical. As soon as the download is complete, put the button back in and enjoy.

Previous

Return to Trinity Dodge Gas