Board index Predator Technical Discussion Predator GM Gas LS1/LS2/LS3/LS4/LS7 etc. - LOGGING, ADJUSTING INJECTOR SLOPE

LS1/LS2/LS3/LS4/LS7 etc. - LOGGING, ADJUSTING INJECTOR SLOPE

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS, Vas@Diablosport, JonDiablosport

Post Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:14 am

I'm using the Diablo Tune No DOD... for 93 octane fuel and with the DOD disabled/turned off...

the factory HP tune is just for you to make your own changes to the tune that is currently in your car, it's not a pre-set tune like the Diablo tune or 91 octane tune...
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Post Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:38 pm

Just wondering what the optimal ranges would be for the LS2 06 GTO. You mentioned in your post LEW the ranges for your Monti but where would one find the optimal O2 sensor ranges and thus calculating the correct LTFT and PE. Any help is greatfull.

Post Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:50 am

they would be the same...
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Post Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:20 pm

You haven't heard from me in a while. Did a few things. Went back to the stock tune but adjusted LTFT...they were also pretty high. Reset the PCM overnight, and just cruising for a while. So far so good.

MikeL is sending me an adjusted performance tune wiht the 4-3 downshift requiring little pedal effort. When I get it, I'll start over.

PS also changed plugs, killed my wrists in the process LOL. Went with stock Delco Iridiums.

Post Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:33 am

Hey JR! That's cool... let me know how you like that new downshift setting... maybe I'll have them do that for me ;)

so you're running the stock/OEM tune now??

Post Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:47 pm

yeah slightly modified with the Predator. Fansettings and lowered LTFTs -5%. I notice the O2 readings look ok so I'm gonna leave them alone for now.

Post Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:46 pm

Well I got the tune back from MikeL

HOLY CRAP !! Monster tune ! I have no idea what was done, but this thing is awsome.

I originally asked to program the 4-3 downshift "easy" so it will shift with little pedal effort. I wanted this to avoid the pings when lugging @ 45-50 mph...normal driving.

Not sure what he did, but it feels like "all" the downshifts got easier, not just 4-3. And the pings part throttle @ 45mph are GONE. The tune is very responsive, feels like I gained so much performance it is outstanding.

I did detect some WOT pings over 5k but those are easy to work on with the predator....it's those part throttle ones with no adjustments for that are the killers.

I see high 11s in the LTFTs so I guess I'm running VERY lean, hence the WOT pings. Now I know how to adjust them, so off I go !!

Post Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:27 pm

NICE!!! Mike/Johan, can I get this shifting adjustment made to my tune??

...and if you guys are able to adjust this, then the tranny update/support must be ready, no??

:wink:

Post Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:52 pm

I need the data viewer 3.0 and it is not available for download on the website only the new versions are. Can anyone post a link here to download the old version so I can see the correct AFR at WOT. Can't someone fix the bug in the new versions?
2006 Monte Carlo SS 5.3 V8
U7191

Post Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:01 am

the new dataviewer works... they updated it...

when you get your log, if the AFR is showing incorrectly in the dataviewer, up at the top menu of the dataviewer, go to:

View > Parameter Modifiers > E40 Equivalence Ratio - Invert... and this will show the correct AFR.

Post Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:11 pm

they won't both be exact anyway, but as long as we get them between 0 to -2, we're good. so you can adjust the slope to -4%, then drive for about 30 miles to let the change/adjustment settle in, then do another log and see where the average ltft's are at then.

Post Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:52 pm
DOA

My Programmer U1794, only logs for 30 seconds before it says the log is full. I have only selected 5 parameters......

Any ideas? Monte's instructions suggest that 20-25mins of logs.

Post Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:33 pm

DOA wrote:
My Programmer U1794, only logs for 30 seconds before it says the log is full. I have only selected 5 parameters......

Any ideas? Monte's instructions suggest that 20-25mins of logs.

It's a problem with the 1794. I get about 1:15 myself.

It's enough though, even if your only getting 30 seconds. Take it up to crusing speed, already set up to record a log. Give it about 2 or 3 minutes to settle on cruise and trigger your log. For the WOT, well, if your can't get a quarter run in 30 seconds, you need a whole lot more than the predator. lol
2006 Victory Red LS2 1LT M6, Halltech Stinger, 4" round B&B Bullets, B&B x-pipe, CCA Catch Can, Aluminum Throttle body spacer, Z51 sway bars

Post Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:54 pm
    DOA

Thanks jsk06c6,

I looked at the logs and I actually got over a min :lol: .

I'll try using the short logs.

THanks.
    Last edited by DOA on Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:20 pm

get as much as you can... it's better for getting the ltft's figured out and dialed in... he was just saying you COULD use it if it was only 30 seconds... but you want to log as long as you can... more data points gives us better info on what adjustments to make...

PreviousNext

Return to Predator GM Gas