Board index Predator Technical Discussion Predator GM Gas 2006 Grand Prix GXP Onstar fuse

2006 Grand Prix GXP Onstar fuse

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS, Vas@Diablosport, JonDiablosport

Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:20 pm

Well....

When I disconnect OnStar fuse, it will actually turn off data link connection too. So, predator won't turn on neither.

What else do I do to turn off the Onstar?

What I did was disconnect radio fuse. Then I saw onstar power indicator was red, so I thought it is off.

Below is a fuse panel map.
Attachments
fuse.txt
fuse panel figure
(98.78 KiB) Downloaded 312 times

Post Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:18 pm

I'm not 100% sure here....I believe there is a separate fuse for the OnStar on these cars.
Disable the OnStar and do not worry about the others.

Thanks

Post Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:26 pm

Thank you, Mike.

But, do you know who developed the GXP(LS4) version? If you can find him, then he knows which fuse to disconnect?

Thanks,
Yui

mikel wrote:
I'm not 100% sure here....I believe there is a separate fuse for the OnStar on these cars.
Disable the OnStar and do not worry about the others.

Thanks

We did not test on a GXP here in the shop, we used a MonteSS.
The GXP has its own unique fuse panel.

Thanks

That sucks.

So what is the potential problem when Onstar disrupts the data upload? Freezing up the Predator? Force detune? Will I get the problem which I will need a password from your telephone support?

mikel wrote:

Thanks
There could be an issue if the OnStar comes on, so it really should be disabled. Have you looked in your owners manual to see where the OnStar fuse is located?

Thanks

do you only have the one fuse panel?? there are 2 in my Monte - one under the hood, and one inside on the passenger-side floor in front of the door (under the glovebox) - my Onstar fuse is in that one... and it's ONLY for onstar, nothing else.

Yours could be in the same location, or it could be IN the glovebox, or it could be down on the driver's side, or it could be on either end/side of the dash... check your owners manual.

See if there's any other fuse just for onstar by itself... it's wierd that they would tie those 2 together in one fuse like that - I mean, what if they were trying to troubleshoot some issue and they wanted to disable onstar and check the rest of the system - pulling that fuse would kill the OBDII port and they wouldn't be able to. There's gotta be another fuse somewhere just for onstar. When I pull mine out, the light doesn't turn red - it is just totally off.
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

yuimyt wrote:
That sucks.

So what is the potential problem when Onstar disrupts the data upload? Freezing up the Predator? Force detune? Will I get the problem which I will need a password from your telephone support?

mikel wrote:

Thanks
There could be an issue if the OnStar comes on, so it really should be disabled. Have you looked in your owners manual to see where the OnStar fuse is located?

Thanks
Have you tried looking in your owners manual to see if it lists a seperate fuse for the OnStar system?

Thanks

Return to Predator GM Gas