Board index Predator Technical Discussion Predator GM Gas 2006 GP GXP

2006 GP GXP

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS, Vas@Diablosport, JonDiablosport

Post Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:40 am

Hello, I bought a predator in January for my '06 GP GXP. I would like to make sure I'm utilizing the programmer to the best of its ability. My setup is as follows,

- I'm at 4500 feet in Utah
- K@N Cold Air Intake
- Cat-Back with single 3" pipe running to a 2 1/2 Y-Pipe to the Magnaflow mufflers.
- Only 91 octane available
- Program set to "91 octane with DOD" setting

There are two other points I would like to clear up. 1- I would like a little more midrange, so should I change the Fuel/Power Enhancement setting to increase fuel in a certain RPM range? 2- When I slightly increase throttle, I get a quick jump of RPM as if it wants to take off balls-to-the-wall (feels almost like a hard upshift???) then it levels out. That's OK if that's what I want it to do, but it's pretty annoying if it's not. Any comments?

Thanks, Matt

Post Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:59 am

OK, first off, when running at altitude, the car will tend to run lean as there is less O2 available.
The car is likely a bit rich right now, but I would suggest making any fueling changes on a dyno or while using a wideband.

As for the jumpy throttle, this sounds like a DOD issue. Have you tried using the non-DOD tune?
It seems to alleviate these problems, and I have users reporting mileage gains of 1-2 mpg better than stock!

Thanks

Post Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:05 pm

Thanks, Mikel. I'll try disengaging the DOD, too.

Return to Predator GM Gas