Board index Predator Technical Discussion Predator GM Gas U7198 Questions - Upshift vs TP and MPH Downshifts

U7198 Questions - Upshift vs TP and MPH Downshifts

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS, Vas@Diablosport, JonDiablosport

Chevrolet, Camaro Z28, 2002, A4, 2.73 (SLP FlowPac, Hooker Cat Back)
Predator U7198
Rev. 2.13

So far, I have very much enjoyed the results from the Predator, but I have a few questions that must be specific to my application. I already read the manual and the GM parameter page and I also did a couple of hours of searching to find the answers, although I have a good idea based on the titles:

1. What does Upshift MPH vs. TP" do?
2. What does "MPH downshifts" do?

I'm guessing I don't need to goof with the A/F parameters based on my mods, but if I were to do so, what kind of O2 sensor readings should I be looking for? I have a PC kit, so if there is a custom tune laying around, that would be groovy.

I would suggest that Diablosport put up a page for each specific tuner that has all the parameters listed. I compiled a spreadsheet and have been annotating it with each parameter so I could keep track. Thanks for the cool product.

Sorry for the delayed response.
1/ Upshift MPH vs TP is a table that uses your % throttle position and based on its input tells the transmission at what mph to shift at during part throttle driving. This is mainly only adjusted when gears are changed.
2/ MPH downshifts are mph setpoints where the pcm will allow an downshift to occur, also only adjusted when gears are installed.
I usually never look at 02 readings, but mid 800's and you should be good.
Good suggestion on parameter description, i will make a note of that.
Johan< @ >DiabloSport.com
Diablosport INC
Research & Development

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, I am not sure about the former.

Return to Predator GM Gas