Board index Predator Technical Discussion Predator GM Gas Torque Mngmt Question

Torque Mngmt Question

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS, Vas@Diablosport, JonDiablosport

Post Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:08 pm

Hey....Just installed a tune in my CTS-V. I did all of the torque Mngmt stuff(shut it all off) but it still shows ON when the tires spin. It feels better but it displays on the info screen. Does it take time for the car to "learn" the tune??

Post Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:49 am

I think you are seeing the traction control light come on.
TM and T/C are separate entities. You'll need to disable T/C in the car to shut it off.

Thanks

Post Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:41 am

You are right , I confused the two. car feels good. Goin to the dyno next week to see the results. The Cags and T/M were the real reason I wanted this.
Also, when I in stalled the tune, it didn't ask abour 87 or 94 octane??? Just performance or stock?? Is the stock option the 87 octane tune??

Thanks !!

Post Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:51 am

NO!
Considering you bought a rather expensive sports/luxury car with a high performance LS6 motor, the thought of running 87 octane should never enter your head!
Be sure to use high quality, high octane fuel (91 octane minimum) when using any performance tunes. These cars have a 10.6:1 compression ratio and would not appreciate the use of 87 octane.

Thanks

Post Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:41 pm

so there is only 1 tune for my car?? Just curious. I thoought there was an 87 octane tune. No biggie, just wondering

Post Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:56 pm

No, we only offer the 87 octane tunes in the trucks and Mustangs, (lol) you know, for the lower performing vehicles!
(No, I'm not a GM guy...)

Thanks

Return to Predator GM Gas