Board index Predator Technical Discussion Predator GM Gas 2006 Pontiac GP GXP

2006 Pontiac GP GXP

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS, Vas@Diablosport, JonDiablosport

Post Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:02 pm

Cant get unit to power up.

Post Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:53 pm

You likely have a blown cigarette lighter fuse.
If not it is most likely some other fuse, but you can test the Predator by plugging it in to a 12v 1amp power supply or another 05-up GM vehicle.

Thanks

Post Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:26 pm

Left all fuses in place.Plugged Preditor in and it worked sort of.Does not allow me the option of Diablo Tune in the menu.Only HP Tune and Factory settings.Also when it boots up it reads 2005/2006 LS2.Is that correct?

Post Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:58 pm

OK, it sounds like you have an old revision on this tool.
You will need to update it before using it.
The tool should boot up showing "LS2/LS4' once it is updated.

Thanks

Post Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:46 am

THX for the reply.Now how do I get this thing updated.And are there any current instructions on this car because pulling fuses obviously doesn't work.

Post Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:22 am

Johan< @ >DiabloSport.com
Diablosport INC
Research & Development

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, I am not sure about the former.

Post Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:58 pm

THX for the reply.Finally got this thing updated.Now how do I know wich tune is for me.Diablo Tune put in.But wondering about the meanings of the other types of tunes.I've got a cold air intake and am running 93 octane fuel.

Post Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:09 pm

Thanks again for the quick responses.I was wondering if there was somewhere on this website where I can better understand the different types of tunes.As listed before I have the Preditor set on Diablo Tune and am not sure if this the highest HP gain available.I have a CAI and am running 91/93 octane fuel.Better put is there a Preditor for Dummies book out there to better understand this product.And stop laughing at me.All right i'm a little slow on the uptake.

Post Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:51 am

The Diablo Performance Tune is for 93 octane... then you should also have the 91 and 87 octane tunes on there as well. The basic difference is the amount of timing applied. There should also be a Factory HP tune, which is your original factory/OEM tune but it will allow you to change/modify the supported parameters for your vehicle.

As for the parameters and adjustments, take a look here:
http://diablosport.com/index.php?module ... lay&pid=98
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Post Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:39 pm

Thanks for the info.My question is how did you find these things out?Your telling me that the difference between all of these tunes is the amount of timing is changed and thats all.I've still got it set to Diablo Tune and am running 94 octane fuel.I guess i'm most curios to find out where you look up this info or do you just sit in ones car and play around.Nice ride by the way.I used to have an 88 Monte SS.

Post Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:41 am

Thx Kojack... no, not just the timing... they also change some fuel mapping, and adjust the engine's TM as well...

I find out the info by going to several other forums where the stuff has been posted about in the past, as well as talking to and asking Mike from here.
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Return to Predator GM Gas