Board index Predator Technical Discussion Predator GM Gas Ordered Predator from this website.....

Ordered Predator from this website.....

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS, Vas@Diablosport, JonDiablosport

Post Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:48 am

If you ordered through our website, the order is filled through Shopatron.
Any and all questions/issues relating to these orders must be directed to Shopatron at 805-547-8368.

Please do not call our sales department, as they do not handle these transactions.

Thank You

I have a 02 camaro ss and live in ca. Does a performance tune from my predator change any parameters that will increase my smog readings (ie nox ?) or does the tune only kick in @ WOT ?....Im getting over the limit (about twice!!) of Nox readings...p.s. also have six year old high flow metal cats? Thanks...........

Simply pull 4-6* of base timing and recheck your LTFT`s a day or two before the test.... then return to your tune after you pass.
Only one thing to say about my "Diablew" Tune!
" Just Friggin Wicked"
Now with TCM support...

cant pull part throttle spark with the tools....gonna need a custom tune.

Ideally, those hi flow cats are not going to work....but good luck.

Thanks...so should i just re-install original (stock-tune) then before emissions test?...what i wanted to know was does the DS performance tune alter the timing? or does the Perf.tune only kick in @WOT ? I already know the high flow cats dont pass (when old) They did pass when brand new with the help of 1to5 ratio of alcohol to gas..plus i have brand new Ca, approved cats ready for next test. I guess what im getting at is what parameters are changed when im on the DS performance tune? (ie;spark,timing,fuel trims etc.) Thanks.....

yeah, id try the stock tune, but to be honest, i dont know that its going to work either, sounds like your cats simply are not doing their job...

Yeah ive been told that the hi-flow metal cats go ''bad'' after a while so? What about the other questions...about the parameters the perf,tune changes? and do they kick in @wot or what?

timing and fueling iare only changed for WOT.... unless you changed the injector slope setting for your ltft's - then that will also change the fueling for normal part-throttle driving....
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

No i havent changed anything,Im using the canned Predator Perf.tune....Do you know if Lt`s and cai make a car run rich or lean? Just curious cause ive heard all sorts of things but want to know from someone who would know....Thanks!

will make you run leaner... and LT headers will make you throw trouble codes... need to get a custom tune done to get things dialed in and to disable the necessary trouble codes and related items...
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Besides making my Predator (u7198 v.9r15 )internet updateable and other features ..Will the Performance tune be the same ? or was it re-worked?

superssguy wrote:
Besides making my Predator (u7198 v.9r15 )internet updateable and other features ..Will the Performance tune be the same ? or was it re-worked?
any answers?

the tunes have been re-done since those old versions...

Great ! I was happy and could feel the extra power with the older performance tune, Definately noticable..Cant wait to feel the revised Perf.tune...Ill be in touch very soon anyway for your Diablew Custom Tune Lew, Thanks for getting back to me!

Return to Predator GM Gas