Board index Predator Technical Discussion Predator GM Gas 2001 Sierra Custom Tune

2001 Sierra Custom Tune

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS, Vas@Diablosport, JonDiablosport

Post Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:07 am

I have a 2001 GMC Sierra with 4.8L, Powerdyne 6psi, JBJ Shorties, Delphi 25.5 injectors, Flowmaster, 4.11 Gears, and 20" Wheels. I bought the Predator U7198 back in 06 when I bought the truck. I had the software updated in 2010 to v.9r17. Wondering if I can get a tune written where I can ditch the FMU for more consistent results. I have never been able to get it dialed in on my own, and if I did get it running real nice the condition would deteriorate. Seems especially if I take a long trip. After extended driving becomes very doggish and have to adjust injector slope. It is like the trims slowly changing map over time. Anyway, if there is anyway I could get a good base tune for this setup I would really appreciate it. Also, is there anyway to cancel out the code for the egr that I have eliminated? Thanks.
2001 GMC Sierra 4.8L, Powerdyne Supercharger 6psi pulley, 32lb injectors, 160 therm, TR6 plugs, K&N filter, Stainless Shorty Headers, Flowmaster Supertruck Exhaust

Post Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:29 am

in order to ditch the fmu I would really suggest making sure the fuel system is up to par and set up a dyno tune.

You need way more injector too...the ones you list sound smaller than stock...?

Post Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:25 am

The stock injectors were 19lb. These I bought are for the 8.1 truck motor, that I thought were 30lb but I think are actually 25.5 at 40 psi. I do have a set of the 42lb I saved from a 8.1 marine engine. I can swap them out. How would I go about setting up dyno run? I actually live in Boynton and have been to your shop once before when I had the predator updated.
2001 GMC Sierra 4.8L, Powerdyne Supercharger 6psi pulley, 32lb injectors, 160 therm, TR6 plugs, K&N filter, Stainless Shorty Headers, Flowmaster Supertruck Exhaust

Post Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:47 am

We dont offer in house tuning, but Id strongly suggest getting with the guys over at Thunder Autosport to get it dialed in.

Thanks

Return to Predator GM Gas