Board index Predator Technical Discussion Predator GM Gas 2002 Chevy Avalanche 5.3 dead after flash error

2002 Chevy Avalanche 5.3 dead after flash error

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS, Vas@Diablosport, JonDiablosport

Hello,
I'm Schelbi from Germany and my truck is a lifted 2002 Chevy Avalanche 1500 with 37'' tires and 4.56 gears.

I had some problems with the ABS warning light. My ABS controle module was broken inside so I installed a new one. But the warning light still came on after driving a few miles every day.
So I restored the stock tune from my Predator and started again to modify the paramaters to 4.56 gears and tire size.

ABS warning was gone but my speedometer showed about 15% less than my GPS. I raised the the tire size step by step today to adjust it and it seems to get better.

But then the Predator showed an unknown error while flashing. Now I get no connection and the truck cranks but does not start!

When I plug it in again the Predator shows "no response. is ignition on?"
I tried another OBD2 scanner but its says "no connection to ECM"

This are the infos from the tuner:
- Mfg date: 09/02
- Serial no: 007548
- Current ticks =-1
- display of ticks failed
- Software rev 2.13
- Hardware ref 1.01
- Tool status: Toll is locked
- Vehicle tune: Diablo tune

I bought it new in 2006 or 2007 I think and never used it on any other vehicle.

Any idea how I can restore the factory tune to get my truck running again?

Other idea: I have a spare ECM. What would happen if I swap the ECM? Would the Predator accept the other ECM and restore the factory tune of my Avalanche?

Thank you.

Schelbi

I believe the spare ECM would need to be sent to a professional tuner to mate it to your VIN, or the VATS (vehicle anti-theft security) will not allow it to start.
2013 Chevy Truck 5.3L Stock

what is the software version on the tool?

also, do you have a stereo or other electronics in the truck?

Thkans

I installed the spare ECM and after the security learning procedure (took me more than 45min) the truck was running again.

Of course the Predator could not reflash the tune because the VIN was not the same. I drove to a GM dealer and he flashed the newest GM stock tune for my truck. This changed the VIN of the ECM to fit my truck again.

Now my Predator can connect to the ECM and copy the stock tune. But as soon as I try to flash the modified tune to truck the display shows error, interpreter stopped!

Seems like I need a new Diablo Intune :(

yeah, I would not use that old predator on it..

that 2.xx version you have is ollllllld.. and all predator's are dead and gone.. they were all discontinued over 5 years ago now.. and that one you have is about 13 years old..
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Yesterday I sent an email to salesinfo@diablosport.com to see if there is an adress in Europe I can send my old Predator for the trade in program. It is to expensive to ship it from Germany to the US just to get the $100 discount.

no there is not.. there is only one DiabloSport.. in Florida, in the U.S...
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Thank you. I ordered a new Intune a few minutes ago without the trade in program.

I got my new Intune 2 days ago. Shipping was very fast, only 5 days from the US to Germany.

I connected the Intune to my PC, did the update procedure and flashed the Diablo tune yesterday. But I can not find a way to change the gears like on my old Predator?
Can you please tell where is the menu point for changing the gear ratio?

Thank you.

Return to Predator GM Gas