Board index Predator Technical Discussion Predator GM Gas Help with a modified tune

Help with a modified tune

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS, Vas@Diablosport, JonDiablosport

Post Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:35 pm

I decided to upgrade my unit to the new firmware that is out which required me to take my tune off. The tune I had was modified already for the 4.88 gear option. For whatever reason when I put this tune back in the unit and install in my truck the 4.88 gear option is not there. To make matters worse none of the tunes will save any tire changes I make. It has been years since I had the original modified and don't remember how I went about it. Do I attach a tune here or email someone? Do you want my original backup and one of the diablo tunes?
Thanks for the help. U7193 Predator, 03 silverado 6.0l

Post Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:25 pm

thats odd...load the tune then post the backup and last tune written please.

Post Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:46 pm

Another thing I thought was odd was that when I put the modified tune in the tuner it pops a warning message that it is the same as the original backup. I would think it would be different then the stock GM tune. I also notice that the files are named completely different then they were. For example, my old original backup file name was my vin#. Anyways here is what I think you are asking for. Thanks for the fast response!
Attachments
av12593058cua.grg
This is my original backup
(315.27 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
AV12593058CUA_custom.grg
This is a diablo tune I have installed in my truck right now
(6.25 KiB) Downloaded 118 times
1gcgk13u93f125934_custom_488.grg
This is the originally modified tune from years ago
(250.7 KiB) Downloaded 117 times

Post Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:17 am

one of these files is set for 4.88 (says it in the name), load that and you will be fine.

Thanks

Post Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:37 pm

LOL, sentence two of my original post says that it does not work anymore, If it did I would not be on here asking. I load it on unit, install in truck and no 4.88 option. I also tried just changing tire size to get the spedo close and none of the tunes will save a tire change. It saves everything else but tire changes. Everything worked great for the last 5 years until I updated unit.

Post Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:47 pm

OK, lets take a step back.
I am very aware of what I am advising you to do, and I read your post.

The tune has the 4.88 setting in it already, loading that tune means you dont need to adjust anything axle related, whether the option you need is there or not, you have been provided with a custom tune that is already set up for the 4.88 gears.
Load that tune, and your speedo will be correct.

Thanks

Post Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:29 pm

I tried what you said several times and the speedo was way off and when I went and looked at the setting it said 3.73. I was able to get it to work and thought I would share it with you. I installed my original backup from years ago with file name being my vin. Then installed the custom 4.88 tune from years ago and it shows the right gear option and speedo reads correctly. The only thing I can think of is the new original backup was a file name not vin related and didn't play nice with the custom tune being a vin name. I am sure you will know what happened here I am far from an expert. So, if your tuner works and your happy with it don't update it. My two cents

Thanks

Return to Predator GM Gas