Board index Predator Technical Discussion Predator GM Gas live data logging u7193

live data logging u7193

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS, Vas@Diablosport, JonDiablosport

Post Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:47 pm

When I use my laptop to log my predator connects but won't record. I get a "live data capture has failed". I uninstalled everything and reinstalled all programs and drivers and still get this error. My truck is a 2003 GMC sierra 2500hd and u7193 predator.
Shootin for the moon

Post Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:16 am

when you are using a laptop and the DataViewer software to log, you don't do anything on the predator itself... the predator is just a pass-through device to allow your laptop to connect to the vehicle...

you have to do all data logging control from the DataViewer app on your laptop...
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Post Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:52 pm

I understand that. Every time I click the record button on data viewer I get that error.
Shootin for the moon

Post Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:48 pm

is that old discontinued 7193 predator on a 9rXX revision number? when you power it up and it gets to the main screen/menu, the revision number is shown at the top of the screen...

if it's a 1.xx or 2.xx revision number, it's too old and you can not record data logs with it..

it has to be on a 9rxx revision number...
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Post Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:39 pm

It's a v.9r11
Shootin for the moon

Post Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:49 pm

If my predator is the problem, how do I go about the trade in for an intune?
Shootin for the moon

Post Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:10 am

contact support@diablosport.com to get info about their trade-in program...

Post Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:33 am

I just sent in my predator for trade in on an intune. I did have a custom fan tune from you guys. Should i request another one or can my original be converted for the intune?
Shootin for the moon

Post Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:44 am

you restored the original backup stock tune to your truck first before you sent it in, right? hope so...

the custom tune will have to be redone, as the inTune file formats are different...

Post Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:33 pm

Yes I returned it to stock. I've made that mistake in the past with updates. So I just post my custom file?
Shootin for the moon

Post Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:25 pm

you will have to install the preset tune from the inTune into the truck.. so that the intune saves the original backup stock tune in itself...

then you'll need to post up that new original backup stock tune file, and your custom tune file, and they can make you a new one...

Return to Predator GM Gas