Board index Predator Technical Discussion Predator GM Gas ABS Light / Service ABS coming on after flash

ABS Light / Service ABS coming on after flash

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS, Vas@Diablosport, JonDiablosport

Hey guys just got truck back from shop with fresh lift, gears, and new meats. The issue I am encountering is after I flashed in the new ring gear and tire size the ABS light went off but about 1 in 5 key cycles or even every other cycle it comes back on. When this happens I just cycle the ignition again and it clears. I am wondering if any of you guys have advice or maybe have encountered this and could offer some feedback? ITS ANNOYING PERIOD. :blowup:

03 silverado 1500 4x4
running predator pre loaded 89 oct tune w personal modifications

Just a side note I had 4:56s installed, noticed in the tuner that i could only input 4:55? Didn't know if this could have an effect cause its not EXACT??

you are out of range for the ABS controller, only fix I know iof is to restore, let the dealer reprogram ABS with the tallest tire/gear option they can, then try again

mikel wrote:
you are out of range for the ABS controller, only fix I know iof is to restore, let the dealer reprogram ABS with the tallest tire/gear option they can, then try again

OK, I will give it a try. Thanks

mikel wrote:

Mike just a little FYI, I reflashed using actual tire size as opposed to the overall tire diameter and it seems to have corrected the issue :)

interesting, good find.

Return to Predator GM Gas