Board index Predator Technical Discussion Predator GM Gas 2000 Pontiac Firebird with V6 3.8

2000 Pontiac Firebird with V6 3.8

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS, Vas@Diablosport, JonDiablosport

Post Tue May 06, 2014 11:04 pm

Hi,
Does anyone know the model # for the Predator Diablo Sport that was made for this car. ANY help would be appreciated.
thanks and peace,
jay

Post Tue May 06, 2014 11:13 pm

for a 3.8 V6??? none... there was/is no support for that vehicle engine...
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Post Tue May 06, 2014 11:27 pm

LOL...Ok, well I bought my son a 2000 firebird with the 3.8 and the guy had one with it and it plugged in and read everything and I was able to reset the ECU to default before I sold it. I kept the unit. Were the ECU ports for the V6 and V8 the same.
How do I tell what unit I do have?

Thanks again in advance for the help.

Post Wed May 07, 2014 12:35 am

you had a handheld programmer with it?? well, it wasn't a diablosport tool, not for that car's V6, heh...

post up a picture of the tool you're talking about...

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Post Wed May 07, 2014 12:59 am

Thats why I chuckled...it is one and it read the diagnostics and I could run through the menu, etc...and I did reset the firebird to default.
Attachments
diablo.jpg
diablo.jpg (164.55 KiB) Viewed 1394 times

Post Wed May 07, 2014 1:20 am

it would read trouble codes/diagnostic codes, yes...

but it wouldn't tune it...

did you try to install one of the preset tunes to the car??

if it installed a tune to it.. you SURE that car is a v6??? I have never seen nor heard of a 3.8 v6 firebird EVER being supported by any diablosport tool....

so something is funky somewhere, or there's mis-information about the vehicle, heh...

try to install a tune to it.. let's see what happens ;-)

Return to Predator GM Gas