Board index Predator Technical Discussion Predator GM Gas questions about injector slope function

questions about injector slope function

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS, Vas@Diablosport, JonDiablosport

Post Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:40 pm

I own a Predator for the '98-'02 LS1 f bodies, and have some tech questions about the injector slope function/feature.

Let's say I have the stock, 24# (but clean and flow balanced/blueprinted) injectors in a basically stock (still has ALL of the emissions equipment installed) LS1.

When one goes from 0 on the injector slope scale to +1, telling the ECM that I am running what, 26.4# injectors, HOW does this actually effect the fuel trims??
Is the ACTUAL fuel trim reduced by the same exact 1%, or does it translate to something completely different, and I'm understanding this ALL wrong?

I understand that one cannot go by exhaust smell, BUT, even when I set the i.s. to 3 or more, the exhaust still smells PIG RICH, even though it should not.
Do excessive NOX/lean emissions smell the same as an overly rich mixture??

Also, should/could running the i.s. at 2 or more throw PO 1133/1153 DTC codes (besides the deadly pre-ignition I am sure everyone will berate me about :lol: )???

going positive on slope, tells the pcm that the injectors are bigger and to spray less fuel - i.e. makes you leaner...

going negative on slope tells the pcm the injectors are smaller and to spray more fuel - i.e. makes you richer...

those trouble codes are for the Front O2 sensors and are for insufficient switching.. usually due to having headers... changing injector slope would not cause these codes...
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Thanks, but yes, I knew that info already.

I was wondering IF there could be any type of 'translation'/conversion factor between the i.s. percentages on the Predator, and actual fuel trim levels/leanness readings??

I have stock/factory, rusty, cast iron exhaust manifolds on this car.
Those codes have NOTHING what so ever to do with exhaust leaks at the cylinder head to manifold/header gaskets, or at the manifold to catcon junctions????

Do those codes ONLY mean a bad/malfunctioning O2 sensor, and if so, would running too lean kill them just as quickly as too rich (what seems to always kill them for those with long tubes and no catcons)??

Return to Predator GM Gas