Board index Predator Technical Discussion Predator GM Gas U7191 05 GTO factory Diablo tunes

U7191 05 GTO factory Diablo tunes

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS, Vas@Diablosport, JonDiablosport

Post Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:01 am

I have a used U7191 that I am going to use on my 05 GTO. I know there are preloaded tunes which came with the Predator. Is there a way to verify if these tunes are as they came from Diablo? Is it possible to download the canned tunes which came with the Predator?

I want to make sure I have done all my research before I use it. I will pick up a USB / Serial cable tomorrow so I can hook it up to the PC. I did download all the manuals, drivers and applications off the download section but I did not see anything listed for the base tunes which were included.

Thanks in advance
Keith
2005 GTO 6-Speed
Predator U7191

Post Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:23 am

the preset canned tunes that are on the programmer can not be changed... so if that old/outdated/discontinued predator is reset/unlocked, and it has tunes listed for your car for 91 octane tune and Diablo Tune (which is for 93 octane), then yes, those are the standard preset canned tunes that come on it for your car....

but if the previous owner did not restore the original backup stock tune to their vehicle, then the predator will still be locked to their vehicle and you won't be able to use it at all....
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Post Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:59 am

Thank you, the stock tune was put back by the previous owner since he went with different tuner.
Keith
2005 GTO 6-Speed
Predator U7191

Return to Predator GM Gas