Board index Predator Technical Discussion Predator GM Gas 2011 Camaro L99/2007 GMC Yukon Denali

2011 Camaro L99/2007 GMC Yukon Denali

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS, Vas@Diablosport, JonDiablosport

Post Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:00 am

Hello all!! I have had my Predator since 2008 I believe. I am about to get rid of my Denali and will put it back to stock. Are the tunes on my U7194 compatible with the 2011 Camaro L99 6.2L? Is there anything I need to do with it first? Thanks!!

Post Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:06 am

If you can update it to the latest software you'll be good to go.

Post Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:20 am

Thanks, Mike!

Post Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:47 pm

I doubt it's going to work....
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Post Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:58 am

OK, one says yes, one says no!!! Help me out here!!! I actually have never updated by U7194. Either way, I want to update it. I put my Denali back to stock. I certainly do not want to mess up my Camaro. So, will the updated U7194 be ok with my 2011 Camaro 6.2?

Post Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:12 am
garrett User avatar
Site Admin

update the tool, then plug into the camaro and write a tune.

Post Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:14 am

HA!!! I figured as much!!! But 06Monte says it may not work. Just trying to find out why..

Post Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:45 pm

because if it's an old model 7194, it will not take the newer revision update file that's needed for the camaro support...

and being that you got the 7194 in 2008, and it's never been updated.. my bet is that it is one of the older 7194's - so it's not going to be able to use the latest revision update file that's needed for the 2011 camaro support...

you'll find out when you try to update it...

it will give you an error if it can't use the latest revision update file... in which case, no, that 7194 you have is not going to support your 2011 camaro...

if it does not give you an error and it updates fine, then yes, it would work on the camaro...

that's why Mike above said "IF you can update it to the latest software..."

so, just try to update it and see what happens... that's the only way to find out...
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

I appreciate the explanation. Let me ask you this......If it says error and it cannot update, will it be rendered useless, or will it just be the same as it is now?

it won't load the update and tool won't work.. so you'll need to get one of the older update files from tech support and update it with the older one and it'll be back to how it is now...

Just updated to latest crom. All good. I will load it when the wife gets back from running around!!

nice!! ;)

another issue with the predator's though, is you don't have tcm/tranny support with them... so you can't adjust any tcm/tranny settings, like shift points, shift pressure, how quick it shifts, tranny torque management, etc...

need an inTune or Trinity to be able to adjust tcm/tranny settings...

so just a heads up - in case you want to trade that predator in to diablosport for a $100 credit towards the purchase of a new inTune or Trinity from them in the future....

Return to Predator GM Gas