Board index Predator Technical Discussion Predator GM Gas 2005 GTO Predator tuner question

2005 GTO Predator tuner question

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS, Vas@Diablosport, JonDiablosport

Post Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:07 am

I have a predator tuner 7191 I believe with rev v8.r09 I would like to have a custom tune and would like to know if any one can recommend a good email tuner and has anyone seen a big differance from canned ... Do I have to update my tuner and how do I do so I bought the predator used and don't know what I need to plug in and log files go PC as I didn't get any plugs

Post Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:27 pm

you need to get the pc interface kit for it.. that's the usb/serial cable and power adapter needed so that you can connect it to your Windows PC...

http://diablosport.shptron.com/p/u7778- ... t-usb?pp=8

then you'll need to install the usb drivers for that once you get it..

then you'll want to download the last update that was made for that predator, which was 9r03 I believe (all predators are now dead and gone - they were all discontinued a couple years ago now...) you can find it and instructions in the downloads section for that model predator...

you'll also need to download and install the DSDownloader program to your PC... this program is used to update the predator, and to import/export tune files from your pc/predator for custom tuning...

you'll also need to download and install the DataViewer program... this program is used to download recorded data logs from the predator to your pc...

if your GTO is an automatic, keep in mind that the predator does not have tcm/tranny support, so you can not adjust any tranny settings like shift points, shift pressure, how quick it shifts, etc... You'd need an inTune or Trinity programmer in order to do that...

===========

once you get that all done and figured out, then you can get custom tuning done from www.diablewtune.com
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Post Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:37 pm

Thanks for the information..
My car is 6speed so the tyranny isn't a problem
I will try and get that adapter the canned do did amazing
Just can't wait to feel a custom tune I know on my truck I had hemi fever tune it
And couldn't be happier
06MonteSS wrote:
you need to get the pc interface kit for it.. that's the usb/serial cable and power adapter needed so that you can connect it to your Windows PC...

http://diablosport.shptron.com/p/u7778- ... t-usb?pp=8

then you'll need to install the usb drivers for that once you get it..

then you'll want to download the last update that was made for that predator, which was 9r03 I believe (all predators are now dead and gone - they were all discontinued a couple years ago now...) you can find it and instructions in the downloads section for that model predator...

you'll also need to download and install the DSDownloader program to your PC... this program is used to update the predator, and to import/export tune files from your pc/predator for custom tuning...

you'll also need to download and install the DataViewer program... this program is used to download recorded data logs from the predator to your pc...

if your GTO is an automatic, keep in mind that the predator does not have tcm/tranny support, so you can not adjust any tranny settings like shift points, shift pressure, how quick it shifts, etc... You'd need an inTune or Trinity programmer in order to do that...

===========

once you get that all done and figured out, then you can get custom tuning done from http://www.diablewtune.com

Return to Predator GM Gas