Board index Predator Technical Discussion Predator GM Gas Weird Slope adjustments

Weird Slope adjustments

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS, Vas@Diablosport, JonDiablosport

Post Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:00 pm

I have the u7194 on a 07 GMC Yukon 5.3 and be doin the 87 octane tune....I've done 4 logs with the parameters recommended in earlier posts......The first log said to "Adjust slope inj. UP by 5%" so I did it and put around 30 miles on it and ran another log....this log says "Adjust slope inj. UP by 2%" so I did it and put around 30 miles on it and ran another log.....the 3rd log says "Adjust slope inj. DOWN by 2%" so I did it and put around 30 miles on it and ran another log.....the 4th log says "Adjust slope inj. UP by 2%" so I did it and put around 30 miles on it and ran another log!! It keeps going back and forth up and down by 2%....I'm goin to go up 1 instead of 2 just to see what it says...But does anyone have any suggestions?? thanks!!

Post Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:27 pm

you're chasing your tail man....

first, every time you flash a tune to the vehicle, the learned items like airflow, idle, fueling/fuel trims, etc. all get erased/reset in the ECM, so you need to drive a few days or so until you get at least about 150 miles put on it so the fueling/fuel trims get relearned by the ECM and settle in before you do another data log...

and the DSLogRedux app does not take into account the intake air temp... for example, if you're intake air temp is only 40*, then you want to have your AVERAGE ltft's to be reading a little on the positive side, at about +3%.. if your intake air temp is about 80*, you want them to be reading about 0%... if your intake air temp is 90+*, you want them to be reading about -2 to -3%...

so yes, the fuel trims will change with the change in temperature... it's normal and is what they're supposed to do...

I say leave it where you have it set right now.. then when you get temps about 80* or higher in your area, then do a new log and see how things look...

or, can get a diablosport CMR custom tuner like me to do a custom tune for you, and I go through the logs manually and take into account the intake air temp with my adjustments, so you'd be all set....
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Post Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:35 pm

Ahhhhh...gotcha!! It's starting to get cold here, so it will be awhile before it's gets warm again!! I'll see how it does this weekend pulling my boat.....I may have to take you up on the custom tune!! Thanks again!!

Return to Predator GM Gas