Board index Predator Technical Discussion Predator GM Gas Predator update

Predator update

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS, Vas@Diablosport, JonDiablosport

Post Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:02 pm

can someone tell me why the diablotune get's more power and 3 mpg more than the mpg booster tune. Which either lost me a couple mpg or on it's best day kept my mpg the same as stock?

Post Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:11 pm
garrett User avatar
Site Admin

what fuel do you use?

Post Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:27 pm

Just 89 octane. No certain brand. Just wherever is the cheapest

Post Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:43 am
garrett User avatar
Site Admin

the diablo tune is designed for 93 octane, you vehicle will be running worse than if you chose the 87 or mpg booster tunes.

Post Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:05 am

But it's not. Running the lower octane i have more power and am getting almost 3 mpg more. That is with diablotune. If i switch to either of the other ones i loose the mpg i was gaining. power seems to be close but is lower. That's my question. How can this be?

Post Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:29 am
garrett User avatar
Site Admin

there is absolutely no power gains from the MPG booster. i would suggest doing some logging on the tune that is meant for your vehicle, and verify the gas you put into the vehicle.

Post Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:28 pm

as stated earlier I an not running mpg booster. not trying to b disrespectful but please reread my above posts

Post Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:14 pm
garrett User avatar
Site Admin

[quote="mikdew1"mpg booster tune[/quote]

you specifaclly wrote mpg booster, and that the diablo tune gave you more power than that tune. the mpg booster is for 0 hp and 0 torque. strictly to using the active fuel management to give the best fuel economy.

Post Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:10 pm

yes i did. but if you read the whole post you will se that i also sais it got me 3mpg better than the one that was supposed to save gas. that 1 actually cost me mpg. that is what i ca't understand. also that is with me running low octane with the one designed for high octane. maybe i'm just the kind of person that wants to learn and understand. i program plc industrial software for a living and it's just in my nature.

Post Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:13 pm

can someone tell me why the diablotune get's more power and 3 mpg more than the mpg booster tune. Which either lost me a couple mpg or on it's best day kept my mpg the same as stock? But it's not. Running the lower octane i have more power and am getting almost 3 mpg more. That is with diablotune. If i switch to either of the other ones i loose the mpg i was gaining. power seems to be close but is lower. That's my question. How can this be?
can someone tell me why the diablotune get's more power and 3 mpg more than the mpg booster tune. Which either lost me a couple mpg or on it's best day kept my mpg the same as stock? But it's not. Running the lower octane i have more power and am getting almost 3 mpg more. That is with diablotune. If i switch to either of the other ones i loose the mpg i was gaining. power seems to be close but is lower. That's my question. How can this be?

Post Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:50 pm

can no one answer?

Post Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:34 pm

mikdew1 wrote:

I have no guess about the mileage, but the MPG booster tune is not designed to add power, so, thats why the diablo tune feels better :)

Post Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:21 pm

Thanks for the answer. I am continuing to do logging and see if i can figure this out

Post Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:05 am

mikel wrote:
mikdew1 wrote:

I have no guess about the mileage, but the MPG booster tune is not designed to add power, so, thats why the diablo tune feels better :)

I think that having the extra HP and Torque with the Diablotune you won't need to push the gas pedal as much as having your vehicle with the stock tune.

Previous

Return to Predator GM Gas