Board index Predator Technical Discussion Predator GM Gas 2011 GMC Sierra Torque Management Disable

2011 GMC Sierra Torque Management Disable

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS, Vas@Diablosport, JonDiablosport

Was wondering if torque management can be disabled on my truck. I understand the predator U7194 does not do anything to the transmission performance. I believe the torque management pulls the timing back and slows throttle butterfly opening. This is very annoying. The predator tunes themselves are 87 octane,MPG boost,and "predator tune". Whats the difference performance wise between these tunes? Thanks

the engine torque management is already disabled in the tunes.... but no, you can not do anything about any transmission torque management, shift points, shift pressure, how quick it shifts, etc... there is no tcm/tranny support with predators...

87 octane tune is a performance tune made for 87 octane gas...

MPG Booster Tune is not a performance tune.. it is strictly for trying to get better mileage on 87 octane gas, making some adjustments to the AFM/DOD - so do not disable the AFM/DOD with this tune...

and the Diablo Tune is a performance tune made for 91 octane gas or higher...

obviously, you'll get the best performance with using 91+ octane gas and the Diablo Tune....
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Return to Predator GM Gas