Board index Predator Technical Discussion Predator GM Gas Lost communication from PCM to Predator

Lost communication from PCM to Predator

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS, Vas@Diablosport, JonDiablosport

Post Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:55 pm

Was driving the other day, and my vehicle stalled. Later to find out it was because my ground cable on the battery came loose. Hooked it back up and the vehicle works fine. But I now lost communication from my PCM to Predator. It does not show any live data or show any trouble codes..basically the Predator will not read anything off my PCM. Not sure what to do next to get this fixed. Any suggestions?

Vehicle-
2000 z28 camaro

Predator- #U7778

Thank you for the help!

well, thats odd, I have never seen that.
Will anything else talk to the vehicle?

Have not hooked up any other Readers yet. Was gonna go to autozone and see if one of thiers will read the PCM.

The predator powers up and everything when I plug it in, and all the menu's are there etc..but its not reading anything

And I do have a check engine light on

have you tried checking fuses? just a thought..

also, you definitely want to see if any other code reader is capable of reading the car.
Vas Vogiatzis
Diablosport Inc.
(561)908-0040
vasilliv<at>diablosport.com

Please, do not PM me. Email me at the above address.
Please do not PM or email for general Tech questions. Post up first.

Should be a fuse that powers the obd connector. It most likely will be labeled for the other circuits it protects. On trucks, if I remember correctly, its in with the cigarette lighter fuse. Your owners manual should have a description of what each fuse protects. It might be called DLC, or OBD.

Took the PCM out today, and took it over to Howell performance. Found nothing wrong with the PCM everything reads off of it just fine with another scan tool. I have checked fuses, but maybe I missed one. Any other Suggestions other then fuses? Thanks everyone!

they checked it on the bench, out of the vehicle?
if so, that does not allow for confirming the vehicle harness is not the issue...

Yes you are right, but at least I have one possibility checked off the list now, the PCM is good. Gonna go thru the harness again and the fuses this weekend hoping I can find something...getting closer to figuring it out. Appreciate the help and replys

Went thru the harness and every single fuse and everything was fine. My buddy let me borrow his universal scan tool today and his worked.

Return to Predator GM Gas