Board index Predator Technical Discussion Predator GM Gas 07 TB SS-U7191 Predator compatibility?

07 TB SS-U7191 Predator compatibility?

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS, Vas@Diablosport, JonDiablosport

Post Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:50 pm

Ok, I just bought a 2007 Trailblazer SS.

I am looking for a tuner, as I don't have access to a shop to tune it for me and I don't want to send out my PCM for a custom tune.

In looking at this site, I find that the product search on the flash programmer doesn't list a Trailblazer SS as an option for that model year. But, if you go to 2006, it does. And, it says that:
The eighth (8th) position in the vehicle identification number (VIN) is the code that designates the engine type. The Predator will support the vehicle if the engine code is:

Car: 8th digit of the VIN= U,C
Truck or SUV: 8th digit of the VIN= H

Well, mine was built in December of 2006 and has an "H" for the 8th character.

Will the Predator work in my instance?

I'm also looking to add a CAI. Which models of CAI would be compatible with the Predator flash programmer tunes?

Lastly, since I only have access to 91 Octane, would it be okay to use the 93 Octane tune?
2007 TBSS 3SS AWD

Mods to come:
CAI
HSRK
Tune

The 07 TBSS uses a different PCM than the 06 TBSS. Currently we do not have a tuner available for the 07s.
To be sure your truck is unsupported, check the 10th digit of the VIN, if it is a 6, the truck is an 06 and the Predator will work.If it is a 7 , that makes the truck an 07.
Please check back with us in the future as we do plan to support the 07 TBSS.

Thanks

Post Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:45 am

mikel wrote:
The 07 TBSS uses a different PCM than the 06 TBSS. Currently we do not have a tuner available for the 07s.
To be sure your truck is unsupported, check the 10th digit of the VIN, if it is a 6, the truck is an 06 and the Predator will work.If it is a 7 , that makes the truck an 07.
Please check back with us in the future as we do plan to support the 07 TBSS.

Thanks
Any word yet on when one might be available for the 2007 Trailblazer SS?

Looking to do some mods, but need a tune if I mod.
2007 TBSS 3SS AWD

Mods to come:
CAI
HSRK
Tune

Post Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:55 am

No word yet....it will likely be a while as developing new tools does take alot of R&D.

Thanks

Return to Predator GM Gas