Board index Predator Technical Discussion Predator GM Gas HELP! tune will not load in 2010camaro...!!!

HELP! tune will not load in 2010camaro...!!!

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS, Vas@Diablosport, JonDiablosport

I am getting the code PCM: error seed/key (-1) . I understand this happens when the car has an existing tune, but MINE DOES NOT!! , it is the factory tune! now my engine was replaced awhile back under warranty - not sure if that matters. every time I try to upload the tune I als get "service stabilitrac" and "service parking assist". I also have 2 codes for throttle position p0122, p0223 that are coming up. I just had a turbo kit installed so I need this tune to drive!!! any ideas???

GM programming issue...

get your ECM/TCM updated by your dealer to the latest/newest GM programming calibrations....
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

will they do that under warranty now that my car has a turbo installed...but obviously hasn't been running...somehow I don't think I should have t pay for an issue they created...and how do I get the car there...dammit!

well you're in a catch-22 then... first engine got shot and you had it replaced and then you threw a turbo on the new motor??? I'd say your warranty is done... unless your dealer installed it and they said they would still cover it... but I'm gonna say no, it won't be under warranty, heh...

were you ever able to install a tune to it before, or is this the first time you've tried???

but that seed-key error is normally due to one of GM's calibration updates - have seen it many times, a couple years ago... so that tells me that you have an old GM calibration/programming on your ecm/tcm and you need to get it updated by your GM dealer...

dealers can charge you whatever they want to if you're not under warranty... that's between you and your dealer man...
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

06MonteSS wrote:
well you're in a catch-22 then... first engine got shot and you had it replaced and then you threw a turbo on the new motor??? I'd say your warranty is done... unless your dealer installed it and they said they would still cover it... but I'm gonna say no, it won't be under warranty, heh...

were you ever able to install a tune to it before, or is this the first time you've tried???

but that seed-key error is normally due to one of GM's calibration updates - have seen it many times, a couple years ago... so that tells me that you have an old GM calibration/programming on your ecm/tcm and you need to get it updated by your GM dealer...

dealers can charge you whatever they want to if you're not under warranty... that's between you and your dealer man...

no I never tuned the car before - this is the first time. yeah my first engine - stock- destroyed itself so it was replaced with this one...which I just put the turbo on, but have not driven (because I cant)...so I am not looking fr warranty work per se...just a correction to what they already have done...I doubt that argument will work though lol...but no harm in trying...my damn luck!

what revision is your predator on?

I don't know, its in the car at the shop/ all I have here is the serial # for it.

yeah, that does no good...

you'll need to call tech support tomorrow, and have the tool with you, powered up....

will do, thanks for the help!

Return to Predator GM Gas