Board index Predator Technical Discussion Predator GM Gas Predator 9r18 2001 Trans am

Predator 9r18 2001 Trans am

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS, Vas@Diablosport, JonDiablosport

Post Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:11 pm

So when i originally got my predator it had the 9r17 chrom, there was a noticable difference when I flashed the performance tune. I updated it thinking the 9r18 chrom would be better.. When I had the 9r17 on I assume there was a skipshift eliminator cuz within 2 days of driving it did not once do the skipshift thing. As soon as I uploaded 9r18 it was skipshifting again. So is what I am here to ask, is there a difference between the 9r17 and 9r18? Can I get the 9r17 file back becuz I chose not to save it assuming I would like 9r18 better.

Post Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:33 pm

can't go backwards on the revisions.. but you should be able to modify the tune and disable the CAGS (aka shipshift)...
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Post Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:40 pm

Thankyou for the help! I also didnt pull the fuses or my subs power wire with the 2nd tune because my battery power was good, did some reading and apparently that stuff causes interference? but either way its all good now! great tuner!

Return to Predator GM Gas