Board index Predator Technical Discussion Predator GM Gas WOT - TKSR Message on WOT Burst Tab

WOT - TKSR Message on WOT Burst Tab

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS, Vas@Diablosport, JonDiablosport

Post Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:25 am

I have a 2008 GMC Sierra 5.3l with K&N Cold air intake, throttle body spacer and Borla Cat-back duels. I have my injector slope set to -4 using the Predator U7194 and using the 87 Octane tune. Currently, I am getting that no adjustment is necessary. Now, when I am running the WOT and I use DSLOGREDUX program to analyze, it is telling me that I must increase the cruise injector slope to +3 before I change the Power Enrichment. I assume that since the log for the cruise LTFT,s said 'No Adjustment necessary' then it was safe to adjust the PE's. Is this correct?

Also, I am getting the following message in DSLOGREDUX. I has the message under the WOT bursts tab:
The WOT TKSR data indicates an average TKSR of 0.493 deg. and a maximum TKSR of 5.977 deg. Please view the TKSR output data file for possible continuous, excessive, knock retard.

What to do next?

Michael

Post Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:39 pm

I'm no guru but knock retard is bad. First you should try to view your log and see were your getting knock. its normal to see about 2.xxx max at a hard shift points. also really bumpy rough roads can cause a knock condition. If your getting knock everywhere then it's time to do more looking.

9/10 times its bad gas especially with such a newer vehicle. Water in the tank is the main cause. Could also be bad plugs, Fuel pump going out, bad fuel filter not allowing correct pressure etc.
Also vacuum leaks of any kind is possible of causing knock but it's usually more of a gas related issue.

Last but not least if all else fails... Your timing is slightly out of order...

Post Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:43 pm

no worries... custom tuning is being done for him... ;)
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Return to Predator GM Gas