Board index Predator Technical Discussion Predator GM Gas 2011 Camaro Gear Change

2011 Camaro Gear Change

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS, Vas@Diablosport, JonDiablosport

Post Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:23 pm

I'm changing the gears in my 2011 camaro to a 3.91 gearset. I searched and found that a custom tune needs to be made to adjust for this change. Is this something that is an easy fix? I'm using a predator U7194 running v.9r22 using 91 octane tune (but also have CAI and cat-back). Here's the file for my current tune. Thanks - Dan
Attachments
PCM_639270642189_91_Octane_Tune.grg
(4.25 KiB) Downloaded 105 times

Post Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:32 am

need a copy of the backup as well please.

Post Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:56 pm

Sorry, Here's the backup file. Thanks a lot!
Attachments
PCM_639270642189.grg
(62.96 KiB) Downloaded 105 times

Post Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:53 am

here ya go...
Attachments
StingRaye_Camaro_391.grg
(54.27 KiB) Downloaded 98 times
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Post Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:20 am

Thank you! Do I need to update the unit first or am I ok to use it with v22?

Post Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:11 am

no need to update it...
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Post Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:47 pm

So I just got a new job and now have a 85 Mi daily commute, so I've decided to switch from the 91 octane tune to the Diablo Tune in hopes of increasing my MPG slightly. Can one of the mods help me switch the gearing on this diablo tune for my 3.91 gears? The original / back up tune above should still apply. Thanks a lot!
Attachments
PCM_639270642189_Diablo_Tune.grg
(4.25 KiB) Downloaded 73 times

Post Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:18 pm

Just curious, do you need the custom tune when making this gear change? I thought it was one of the adjustable parameters in the U7194? Going to be doing the same gear change and like you, already have the CIA and cat back on the car so curious if I now need a custom tune to adjust the speedo for this.

Post Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:27 pm

Yes you do need a custom tune for applying the gear changes on the u7194, it's relatively simple, just pull out the tune you're using as you can see like I did above, and the guys at DS can change the gear ratio in the tune and send it back to you to import as a custom tune, everything else stays the same. I hope I can get the corrected gear ratio on the DS tune soon, having my speedo off kept screwing me up today haha.

Post Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:44 pm

stingraye wrote:
So I just got a new job and now have a 85 Mi daily commute, so I've decided to switch from the 91 octane tune to the Diablo Tune in hopes of increasing my MPG slightly. Can one of the mods help me switch the gearing on this diablo tune for my 3.91 gears? The original / back up tune above should still apply. Thanks a lot!

you know the Diablo Tune has nothing to do with mpg right??? it's made for 93 octane gas and just has higher timing/spark advance setting....

Post Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:59 pm

06MonteSS wrote:
stingraye wrote:

you know the Diablo Tune has nothing to do with mpg right??? it's made for 93 octane gas and just has higher timing/spark advance setting....

I was not aware of that, the tuner states that the diablo tune "increases hp and torque but with fuel economy in mind" so I figured that meant that the lower rpm ranges are adjusted to provide better fuel economy than the 91 octane tune. But if the diablo tune is made for 93 octane gas, then how is it more economical than the 91 octane tune? Thanks for the info, just confused as to what real difference there is between the two tunes regarding the timing or anything else, and if the diablo tune is any more economical on fuel economy or not. Thanks

Post Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:47 pm

it's not any more economical than the 91 tune.. the only difference, like I mentioned, is that it has higher timing settings for the higher 93 octane gas...

everything else is the same as the 91 tune... it's a bad/poor description that they put in there, heh...

Post Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:16 pm

06MonteSS wrote:
it's not any more economical than the 91 tune.. the only difference, like I mentioned, is that it has higher timing settings for the higher 93 octane gas...

everything else is the same as the 91 tune... it's a bad/poor description that they put in there, heh...

Well thats good to know, thanks. Here i've been using the 91 octane tune for the last year thinking it was the higher performance tune of the two. Oh well. Would you mind providing me with the changed gear set for the diablo tune still? If I can switch back to that one I will. Thanks for the help.
-Dan

Return to Predator GM Gas