Board index Predator Technical Discussion Predator GM Gas Just some basics

Just some basics

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS, Vas@Diablosport, JonDiablosport

Post Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:43 pm

Howdy folks, New Yukon owner with a few questions. yes, I read a lot of topics on here already. Just want to get things straight in my mind.

I have the opportunity to pick up a predator model U7194 pretty cheap. I have an 07 Yukon with the 5.3 NBS. Nothing done to it besides the MIT tube and Airaid filter. If I buy a used Predator that is unmarried, is it simply plug and play like other handheld tuners? In that it will read my current files, and then allow me to load a canned tune onto the truck? I see the predator has been discontinued, but it also looks like there is still support. I'm also curious if the torque mgmt is automatically "adjusted" based on the tune that is running. I read a lot of old threads that it wasn't capable of it, but most of those were circa 2007 and 2008. Just wondering if it's worth my money to even buy one. I'm out of the racing scene, just looking for a little bump in hp and tq for this pig is all.

Thanks for any and all help. Oh, if I buy used, knowing that I have an 07 Yukon, do I need to ask the seller what version is running on the Predator? Does it matter based on my vehicle year?

Best regards,

Tighe

Post Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:12 pm

there is no tranny/tcm support with a predator, so no, there is no tranny torque management that you can reduce or disable.. you can't adjust shift point, shift firmness, shift quickness, etc...

if you want tcm/tranny support to be able to do those things, you will need to get an inTune or Trinity...
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Post Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:21 am

Thank you sir. So Intune or Trinity can be custom tuned by you if I want to in the future, but not the predator, correct?

Post Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:46 am

not for the TCM/transmission, no... predator's do not have TCM/tranny support....

you would need to get an inTune or Trinity in order to have TCM/transmission tuning capability...
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Return to Predator GM Gas