Board index Predator Technical Discussion Predator GM Gas U7198 OBDll codes

U7198 OBDll codes

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS, Vas@Diablosport, JonDiablosport

Post Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:49 am

2001 Camaro SS Convertible w/A4 - no mods - U7198/9R17

I diabled the secondary air injection system. I am getting code and SES Light. It seems the older level U7198 could disable the codes/sensors for this and other emission items. How can I get at these functions? I live in non-emission state (Florida). Can I regress my unit to an older level?

Post Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:04 am

you can't... that functionality was removed many years ago due to EPA regulations.... you'll need to pay for a custom tune to get done for the tool/car in order to get the necessary codes and related items disabled...

and no, you can't go backwards in revisions, heh.. the hardware is totally different compared to the olllllld tools...

you say you have no mods, yet you removed the AIR system?? that's a mod... anything else done to the car???

I can do a custom tune for you to disable those codes/related items, for just $35... or I can also do a full custom tune for the car for only $135...

also, seeing as how you have a predator, you'll also need to have the pc interface kit, which is the usb/serial cable and power adapter for the predator so that you can connect it to your Windows PC in order to import/export tune files for custom tuning, download recorded data logs, etc... do you have those??

With the custom tune, you'll gain even better/quicker throttle response & acceleration, stronger/harder pull, smoother & quicker power delivery throughout the rpms, etc...

as far as gains go... absolute hp/tq gains are hard to predict... every vehicle is different... even if they're the same and have similar mods... location/weather, fuel used, elevation/altitude, etc etc all play a role... the same holds true for mileage gains - those variables, plus driving habits/style, how much highway vs city driving, etc all make a difference.... you could gain no mpg increase, or you could gain up to about 2 mpg increase... tough to say due to the variables in play... so there is no guarantee of any specific amount of hp/tq or mileage gains...

with the custom tune, I CAN tell you that you will definitely have a very noticable performance difference/gain over and above the canned preset diablo tunes...

I have gained people anywhere from 12-39hp, and 10-23lb. ft. torque...and 0 to 2 mpg - above and beyond what the preset canned tunes give you... again, obviously mods, fuel used, etc all played a role in who gained what...

let me know man...

thanks,
-Lew
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Post Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:22 pm

Thanks for quick reply. I get it about EPA.

Air sys not removed - just pulled the relay to disable. Motor is getting a bit noisy. I wanted to see if I got codes.

Thanks for info on tunes. Gives me alternatives.

Thanks - Ed Reed

Return to Predator GM Gas