Board index Predator Technical Discussion Predator GM Gas Updating old firmware

Updating old firmware

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS, Vas@Diablosport, JonDiablosport

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:01 pm

I purchased an NOS Predator off eBay; it is for my '06 GMC Sierra. The unit has the current tune for the revision or firmware version. The problem is the firmware/revision is old and as such the unit does not interface with any of the current download support; the build date on my unit dates from 2006. I can see there have been numerous updates to the tuner but I do not see that these files are available for download. I've installed the 87 octane tune and it seems to work quite well ...nothing too radical just a better overall engine/tranny response and maybe just a squosh better mileage. But I'd like to see if I can get this thing brought up to date.

The first question: why are these older update files not available?

The second question: is there any way my Predator can be updated?

Yes, I know the Predator has been discontinued but I figure there's enough of them out there that there's still a good pool of tunes and information on how to work with them.

Thanks,

Mike

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:51 pm

what revision is on it currently?

all pred download pages are still there....

Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:27 am

if the revision of your predator is a 1.xx or 2.xx, then it is ollllllld and can not use any of the downloadable revision updates... you would need to ship it in to diablosport for the upgrade program to get it updated to the last/latest new revision of that tool....

you can find your current revision number by booting up the predator, and when it's at the main menu, the revision number will be shown at the top of the screen....
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Post Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:16 pm

mikel wrote:
what revision is on it currently?

all pred download pages are still there....

Okay, here's what I got out of it:

Mfg Date: 09/02 (the guy I bought it from, who is supposedly a DiabloSport dealer, told me the date translates to February 2009)

Serial #: 004602

ID#: CFE6045C867BE1DE

Software Rev: 2.05

Hardware Rev: 1.01

It has a GM06 tune

Mike

Post Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:54 am

revision 2.05... that's olllllld.... can not use the latest updates, can not record data logs, etc etc...

your choices are:

1 -- send it in to diablosport for the $99 upgrade to the last 9rxx revision predator tool...

OR

2 -- trade it in to diablosport for a $100 credit towards the purchase of a new inTune or Trinity programmer and have the lastest programmer available, since all predator's were discontinued almost a year ago now...
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Return to Predator GM Gas