Board index Predator Technical Discussion Predator GM Gas u7194 for my 08 Silverado 5.3

u7194 for my 08 Silverado 5.3

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS, Vas@Diablosport, JonDiablosport

Post Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:12 pm

I have a few questions since I'm new to all this. I just installed the 87 tune on my truck and I did notice some changes to the way the truck runs but I'm thinking that I will not really see all the benefits until I make some adjustments to it. My truck is a 08 5.3 Crew Cab Silverado. I have a K&N Intake, a PowerAde Throttle Body Spacer, Flowmaster exhaust, and some Gibson Shorty Headers. Will I see even more benefits by getting a custom tune done or is the 87 tune fine "as is"

Post Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:59 am

I also want to add another question,
since I live in CA can I run the 93 tune using 91 gas, and will I still see some MPG gain using this tune?

Post Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:14 am

the throttle body spacer really doesn't do anything for you except to make noise..

and the Diablo Tune for trucks is made for 91 octane gas or higher, so yes you are fine using the diablo tune with 91 octane gas...

and yes with the headers and cai, you'd benefit from a custom tune to get even better/more performance from the truck... hit me up if interested in a custom tune, I can getcha hooked up!
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Post Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:28 am

Will I also see a MPG difference? Which tune gives better MPG results, 87 vs 91 ? And I defiantly will hit you up for a custom tune. I just received my headers, so I will install them soon and then email you for instructions on what to do for the custom tune. After I install the headers, that should be it for any bolt ons, since I have to deal with smoging here in CA, I don't thing I really have any more options as far as basic performance upgrades.

Post Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:53 am

I did a little research and have decided to not install my headers, for a few reasons. So pm me or send me your link so u could hook me up with the custom tune. Again my truck is a 08 Silverado 5.3 w/ Intake , throttle spacer, and exhaust. I'm new to this so I am trying to educated in all this. Thanks and can't wait to feel the difference

Post Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:23 pm

what revision number is your predator on? when it's powered up and at the main menu, the revision number is shown at the top of the screen, what's that number?

also, do you have the pc interface kit for the predator? that's the usb/serial cable and power adapter needed in order to connect to your Windows PC in order to import/export tune files for custom tuning, download recorded data logs from the predator to your pc, etc...
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Post Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:26 am

Yes I have the interface kit and the # on top is V.9r30

Post Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:59 pm

PM sent...

:twisted:

Post Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:14 pm

I'm having an issue with my serial to usb drivers for windows 8, the disk that came with the kit was damaged, the dowload on the website does not have the right drivers

Post Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:58 am

i hate to say it, but it may not work with win8 at all...

try following these instructions:
http://www.diablosport.com/download/win ... pport.html

Return to Predator GM Gas