Board index Predator Technical Discussion Predator GM Gas pcm

pcm

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS, Vas@Diablosport, JonDiablosport

pcm

Post Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:53 pm

Hi I was wanting to know if any body has had the pcm erace on them when the have updated the tune before I have a 07 new body style ext cab gmc z71

Post Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:00 pm

has any body have this happen if so can you give me any info because I don't like going down the highway doing 60mph side ways and every thing you know & try don't work thanks

Post Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:20 am

no...

so what is it you were trying to do, and what error messages did you get, if any?? and your pcm is erased??? if that was the case, your vehicle would not start and you couldn't be driving it anywhere, sideways or straight, heh....
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Post Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:37 am

I didn't do anything to it the last time I tuned it was about 9 months ago I don't know what happened
i just touched the brakes and all four locked up it starts and runs good so I pluged the tuner in and it said the pcm was eraced

Post Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:52 am

I was talking to two of my friends that really know there crap and said it can and has happend

Post Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:54 pm

you can still start up your vehicle and drive it correct???

well, if the pcm was actually erased, your vehicle would not even start up, and you definitely wouldn't be able to drive it...
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Post Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:28 pm

sorry I think I messed up I read it wrong my tuner said pcm failed to erase

Post Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:00 am

aaah, ok... that's different then... see, I'm not such the dumbass am I? heh...

and sorry, I'm not sure what that error message is about, first time I've ever heard of that message in the 7+ years I've been using/working with these tools, so we'll have to wait for Mikel to respond for that one...

Post Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:45 am

if you havent tuned the truck in 9 months, whatever happened here had nothing to do with the tune/tuner...

Return to Predator GM Gas