Board index Predator Technical Discussion Predator GM Gas weather changes

weather changes

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS, Vas@Diablosport, JonDiablosport

Post Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:23 pm

want to thank you guys for all the knowledge you guys provide first off...I have leaned alot about the Diablosport tunes...after discussing injector slope questions & PE Settings something made me think about temps when talking MonteSS brought it up in a post to me...outside temp changes...here in Indiana we have really hot summers & really cold winters.....I know with doing the log runs for the injector slope adjustments/PE settings you guys say to do it on a hot day but should a log run and adjustments be made in the winter too or is doing it at the hottest point of the summer make it offset enough to to stay stable through the winter months? was just curious....thanks again

Post Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:53 am

during the normal warm/hot weather for your area, you don't want the average LTFT's to really be any lower than -3.xxx... so get things dialed in for that, and then you can just leave it... the MAF will adjust things from there as needed, ltft's will go a little more positive during the cold winter temps, etc, that's fine and normal, that's what the ltft's are for afterall ;)

may want to get a custom tune done if you have to make a big injector slope adjustment, so that the MAF sensor table can be adjusted instead, which is the more correct way especially if making big slope adjustments...
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Post Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:31 pm

cool thanks...makes perfect sense! :D

Return to Predator GM Gas