Board index Predator Technical Discussion Predator GM Gas injector slope question

injector slope question

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS, Vas@Diablosport, JonDiablosport

Post Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:37 am

So I just decided to just start over my tune after making some adjustments. I went ahead and reset all the perimeters on my Diablo tune and then reloaded my factory tune. Then I reinstalled the Diablo tune.After installing the tune I went to the Modify tune section in the Diablo tune and I noticed my injector slope setting never changed it's position from my old modified Diablo tune but it did zero out. Is it suppose to do that? Everthing else went back to zero and cooling fan temps went back to the Diablo tune setting( I have my CFT's set a little bit lower to work with my SLP 160 stat)....I know when I first purchased the tuner and installed the Diablo tune the injector slope was in a different position...btw I purchased the tuner used from a guy in our GTO club because he upgraded to a Trinity with a custom tune...just curious..Thanks!!!!

U7193 9r11
2004 GTO LS1

Post Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:52 am

all params should be at 0 after a restore....

Post Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:03 am

yeah.. did you do the "restore original backup" process, or did you just install the "factory hp tune" ?? there's a difference...
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Post Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:10 pm

I restored the original back up

Post Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:20 pm

Yeah I figured the arrow indicator would have move to the center. When I first got the tuner a few months ago the indiacator was at +10% when I downloaded the Diablo tune. After me resetting all the params and reinstalling the orginal back and then reinstalling the Diablo tune, I then went to the Modify tune section to see where the Diablo tune would set the injector slope. The indicator was still on the -16% mark but if i moved the indicator to the right it would go +1 instead of -15 so i was alittle confused...I'm gonna putt a couple hundred miles on it and then do a log and see what it does

Post Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:57 pm

when you got it new, it was at 0%.
Loading the tune does not change it either, the only time that apram changes is if you go in and change it yourself...

Post Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:24 pm

gotcha..i appreicate the help

Post Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:56 pm

ok..here comes the stupid question.....I got my GTO sorted out.....and starting over.... again..... but before I get started i want to make sure I'm setting the slope right...let say my first log run says +9% redux says move tool to -9% and i move it to -9%...then lets say on my second log run says -4% and it says to move to +4% ( here is where i think I'm screwing up) do i move the tool to +4% or do I move it up 4 spots to -5%???( i have been moving up 4 spots to -5%) I believe i answered my own question( i would move the tool to +4% mark) but i just want to make sure before i get started...again thank you guys for your help and i appreciate all the help you guys provide!!!! :normal:

Post Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:56 pm

you would go +4 from wherever it's set at currently... so if you were at -9 before, then you need to go +4, so that would put your final setting to be at -5.

plus remember, every time you flash a tune to the vehicle, the learned items like fuel trims, idle, airflow, emissions readiness tests, etc all get reset/erased and have to be relearned by the ecm and settle in, so you need to put on about 100-150 miles before you do the next log...

also, dslogredux does not take into account the intake air temp, so if you do a log one day and it's 60* out and you make an adjustment, and then a few days later it's 35* out, that's not a good check to see how your ltft's are, because of the temp difference your ltft's will be higher/more positive due to the colder air temp...

if you log and make an adjustment based on a 60* intake air temp day, then when you recheck (after 100-150 miles), you need to do the new log when it's close to a 60* intake air temp day, otherwise you're just chasing your tail and will always be going back and forth man...

or, just get a custom tune done for it ;)
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Post Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:59 pm

Thank you that really helps and makes sense. Now I know why the adjustments changed since it relearned...yeah i drive 80 miles round trip a day so putting 100 to 150 mi is not a problem, I usually will do a log after 2 days of driving...i just got it dialed in for fuel mileage right now gonna wait for warmer weather to do a true dial in...I also plan to do a cam swap and install headers sometime next year so i will definitely will be doing a custom tune with you guys soon!Thanks again for the clear explaination!!!!! BTW you were right on the tail chasing with the temp change because that's exactly what i was doing :normal:

Return to Predator GM Gas