Board index Predator Technical Discussion Predator GM Gas error on dslogredux

error on dslogredux

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS, Vas@Diablosport, JonDiablosport

Post Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:32 pm

U7193
2004 pontiac GTO
version 9r11

so i had to remove my tune out of my car to have service work done and i removed it wrong. So I got my car back and had to redo the settings. I did the logging, got it into a csv file but when i load it into the DSlolRedux and go through all the perimeters when i press the analyze button it give me a pop stating this:Engine speed not represented in the log file.You must log the Equivalance log.

here is what i logged:

LTFT1=0
LTFT2=0
SPARK ADVANCE=27
INTAKE TEMP=46.40
MAF AIRFLOW=33.62
ENGINE SPEED=1979.8
VEHICLE SPEED=73.94
ABSOLUTE THROTTLE POSITON=20

Do you see anything I missed? the logging looks good I assume. I know the air temp is cool but I'll redo it when summer comes back! Thanks for any input...BTW my injector slope is at -2

Thanks again!
Sean

Post Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:31 pm

when you first load the log file and click the button to check the parameters, it gives you a popup saying that the Equivalence Ratio is not logged - and asks you if you are logging with a 7192, 7193, 7195 or 7198... make sure you answer/select YES to that - and then it will work for you...

your old car does not report the equivalence ratio parameter, so you can not log it... so when you click YES in response to that question in the popup, it tells the program to not look for that parameter in the log...
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Post Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:55 pm

ok thank you!

Post Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:14 pm

so i checked to make sure i pressed YES...i ran through it again and pressed YES and same error came up.... :( ..from the looks of things I look dialed in but just confused why it is giving my that error... again just curious if i didn't log something i was suppose to....

Post Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:54 am

post up your log file here and I'll check it out...
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Post Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:37 pm

ok will do

Post Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:14 pm

sorry just now getting my log file posted...I had to put together a benefit car show for a member of our GTO club that passed away in an explosion so i was preoccupied for a couple of weeks..hopefully you can help me sort out what is going on...all in all the car drives great...PS: my PE setting is set at minus 2

U7193 9r11
2004 Pontiac GTO LS1
K&N FIPK KIT
Magnaflow catback exhaust
Attachments
1162012.csv
(169.41 KiB) Downloaded 180 times

Post Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:12 pm

so still having issues with the Dslogredux reading my csv file but I did make some adjustments after doing some reading ....My injector slope is set at -15(that's where it zeroed out my LTFT) so since i don't have anyway to read an AFR reading yet I moved my PE setting to -7(it was at -2) and made a big difference in the response of the car...i saw where it was suggested to set the 04 GTO's PE setting to half of what the injector slope was. The only negative was my avg MPG dropped from 23.1 to 21.9 but not a big enough change to make a noticable difference anyway

Post Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:53 pm

k.. that csv log file you posted.. is not really a csv file... you took the .log file and just renamed it to .csv... it's still an encrypted .log file....

so you're doing it wrong man... you need to open up the .log file in dataviewer... then in dataviewer, go to FILE - EXPORT TO CSV to save it as a true csv file to your pc...

then you can open up that real .csv file in dslogredux just fine - which I was able to do no problem... and the adjustment should be only -3%....

and 15% is WAY to much to be adjusting the injector slope man... what mods are done to this car??? you need to get a custom tune done so that the MAF sensor table can be adjusted instead man... that's a BIG adjustment to the fuel injectors that I wouldn't do, you're flooding the engine with fuel with that adjustment....

I have attached the true csv file version of your log file so you can check it out...
Attachments
1162012.csv
(317.81 KiB) Downloaded 109 times

Post Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:29 pm

ok thank you so much...I only have a k&n FIPK kit and a Magnaflow catback. I did change the plugs to E3 and Accel wire for an LS motor...I do have a tuner in my area...guess I'm gonna have to get with after the holidays

Post Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:43 pm

06MonteSS wrote:
k.. that csv log file you posted.. is not really a csv file... you took the .log file and just renamed it to .csv... it's still an encrypted .log file....

so you're doing it wrong man... you need to open up the .log file in dataviewer... then in dataviewer, go to FILE - EXPORT TO CSV to save it as a true csv file to your pc...

then you can open up that real .csv file in dslogredux just fine - which I was able to do no problem... and the adjustment should be only -3%....

and 15% is WAY to much to be adjusting the injector slope man... what mods are done to this car??? you need to get a custom tune done so that the MAF sensor table can be adjusted instead man... that's a BIG adjustment to the fuel injectors that I wouldn't do, you're flooding the engine with fuel with that adjustment....

I have attached the true csv file version of your log file so you can check it out...

DDUUUHHHH! I competely forgot about exporting the file!!!!total blonde moment!!!!I had a another log i did and worked fine..gonna make the adjustments and I'll let you how things go and thank your time & advice!!!!your life or should I say car saver!!

Post Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:32 am

hahaha.... ;)

Post Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:22 pm

so after making the adjustment of -4% slope you and the dslogredux suggested, the car ran horrible and my mileage tanked...i drove it for 200 miles and did another reading and here it is....dslogredux suggested a-16% injector slope...I've checked for leaks in the exhaust and FIPK and i don't see any..i know this is a usual sign of a possible leak... i set the car to what the dslogredux said(-16) and set me PE to -8 and went for a 50 mile drive....my mileage was going back up and the car ran awesome. not sure what to think but again my mileage is awesome and power is great...he is my list of modifications and i attached my last data log

2004 Pontiac GTO 5.7 LS1
magnaflow cat back
K&N FIPK kit
SLP 160 theromstat
E3 plugs
Accel LS wire kit
Predator U7193 v9r11
Attachments
12012012.csv
(3.08 MiB) Downloaded 104 times

Post Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:42 am

yeah, that's a a big adjustment for just basically the K&N.. I'd check it, make sure all bolts, clamps etc are tight so no air leaks.. K&Ns are known for loosening up after a bit....

Post Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:05 am

06MonteSS wrote:
yeah, that's a a big adjustment for just basically the K&N.. I'd check it, make sure all bolts, clamps etc are tight so no air leaks.. K&Ns are known for loosening up after a bit....

also I forgot to add that my MAF has thrown a P0101 a few times as well....hasn't done it a while but seem to do it when the temps outside drop and it always tripped the CEL when I am getting on to the interstate...I did clean the MAF and the CEL hasn't comeback on but wondering if it maybe malfunctioning..it is the stock MAF

Return to Predator GM Gas