Board index Predator Technical Discussion Predator GM Gas Injector slope adjustment too high?

Injector slope adjustment too high?

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS, Vas@Diablosport, JonDiablosport

Post Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:14 pm

I'm using a U7191 Predator to load a Diablo tune in my 2006 GTO (LS2 M6). It has JBA catback exhaust, Vararam CAI, 160 degree thermostat, and PCV catchcan. I'm going to repeat some info I posted recently for a different reason, big injector slope adjustments. I am certain the original tune and reset Preditior 91 Octane tune are correct now. I have run 15 - 20 (5000 to 6000 data point) logs over the last year and had good success with the "seat meter" after modifying the injector slope parameters as suggested. All of these have prompted me to make big fuel injector slope changes (-15% to -17%). Afterwards, the LTFTs register between -1 and 0. I've read notes that suggest this injector slope adjustment is too much and that something else is wrong. I checked for vacuum leaks etc. I've replaced all four O2 sensors. I ran another log last night after the car ECM and Preditor tool was reset and saw the same recommnedation to adjust the injectors -17%. The ambient temp was 95 F and the IAT settled to about 100F before begining the log. What am I missing? Will I hurt the engine? (The car seems to run great with these adjustments).

Post Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:09 pm

so your average fuel trims are about +17% then, which for your mods, it shouldn't really be that high, so to me - that would indicate an air leak... so check your CAI and exhaust system for air leaks.. make sure all bolts, clamps, etc are TIGHT so there are no air leaks anywhere...
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Post Sun May 05, 2013 10:11 pm

I think I know why I saw such high recommendations for slope adjustments and occasional codes thrown for too lean, too rich, and mass air flow meter errors. I replaced the mass air flow meter and all the problems went away as well as really poor gas milage.

I tried to update this earlier, but could not get my old log in information to work.

El Paso Goat \ Lehrschall

Return to Predator GM Gas