Board index Predator Technical Discussion Predator GM Gas U7194 DIABLO TUNE & 91 OCTANE TUNE DIFFERENCES?!?!?

U7194 DIABLO TUNE & 91 OCTANE TUNE DIFFERENCES?!?!?

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS, Vas@Diablosport, JonDiablosport

Have a 2012 C6 Grand Sport Automatic.
U7194 9r30 revision........

Can anyone tell me the difference between the "Diablo Tune" and the "91 Octane" tune....
Which one has more HP and/or a stronger performance band, or can someone list the difference between each tune.

Thanks!

diablo tune is for 93, 91 tune is for...91 ;)

Diablo tune has a bit more timing than the 91 tune.

Thanks

Awesome! Thanks for the info.
We have mostly have 91 in AZ, but I programmed my Vette to "Diablo tune". Figured the Default tune was best..
Gotta tell ya, it F*%#ing ROCKS! Feels like an extra 50 HP, honestly....even tho its not....Shifts Wayyyy better too....
Anyway, do you recommend I re-tune it to 91?.....Do you think it would perform better?? or should I just leave it.
Thanks!

if it seems to be running well, you should be fine. You can log for know to see if it agrees with the 93 tune or not :)

Glad you are enjoying it!

better do some data logs to check the total knock spark retard since you're only using 91 octane gas with a 93 octane tune....
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Post Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:51 am

Will the Diablo tune yield better MPG's than the 91 Octane tune?

Re:

Post Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:53 am

Dictatorsaurus wrote:
Will the Diablo tune yield better MPG's than the 91 Octane tune?

I tested them both, exactly the same and they're just as fast, diablo feels faster though, but it isn't with premium fuel according to my gps, maybe with race fuel...II feel safer running the 91 tune since they are a copy of each other except for timing

Return to Predator GM Gas