Board index Predator Technical Discussion Predator GM Gas info on U7195

info on U7195

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS, Vas@Diablosport, JonDiablosport

Post Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:04 am

Hello Diablo, I have a 03, GMC Sierra 2500 4x4 6.0 (GAS) with 56,000 miles. To date I have a K&N CAI and 50 series Flowmasters. Also my 8th postion in my Vin. is a U. I almost bought a super chips programmer but having looked at the Diablo you guys seem to have a few more options as far as custom tunes and Customer service seems to be better( judging by reading the forums ???) MY question to you is this. what kind of numbers can I expect If I want High performance off the line speed with the setup I have already (Low end takeoff is pitiful) and what #'s could I expect with adding shorty headers and MAS also I have to deal with CA smog requirments. Wanting to be loyal customer, convince me! A detailed response would be GREATLY appreciated. thanks in advance.......smitty

Post Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:00 pm

On your 6.0 we see gains of approximately 15-20 rwhp in the trucks depending on the setup. The tunes provided will allow you to use either 87 or 93 octane fuel. For improved low-end performance the electronic throttle body is programmed to do what you command with your foot, not what the PCM says, and you can disable the TM as well.
The headers will definitely help, not sure when you say MAS but I think you mean a mass airflow sensor. If so, use the stocker! Go ahead and remove the screens but you will be hard pressed to find a better one than the stock unit.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks

Post Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:23 pm

Thanks for the quick response Mike, I went ahead and ordered one today and will have it Friday. Turns out I have an Authorized Dealer About a mile from my house! I can't wait! I feel I made the best decision going with the predator over the superchips programmer....I know soon...and of course I'll let you know.....as far as the Mass airflow sensor, how do you go about removing the screen? Isn't it a part of the sensor that monitors the actual airflow or is it just to keep out the bigger particles of dust ect...Can it be taken apart or can you just cut it out? It seems to restrict alot of air, sure would like to get rid of it...... Thanks for the suggestion.....smitty

Post Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:19 pm

The screen as I recall on the truck MAFs can be pried out CAREFULLY with a screwdriver.

Thanks

Post Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:59 pm

I installed my new predator fri. afternoon. Took it out for a test run, It stalled when I first pulled out of the parking lot but I figured that was normal due to the computer adjusting to new specs. My first impressions were so-so and I felt a little more power and smoother and fimer shifting but not much over top speed or accelration. My mechanic said it would take some time for my trucks computer to learn the new tune. he said to give it a few days and come back to check the diagnostics. I know there is a learning curve, but so far not that impressed. I told him to tune it to the highest performance tune and am running 91 oct. should I wait and drive it around a few more days? or is this it?

Return to Predator GM Gas