Board index Predator Technical Discussion Predator GM Gas 2006 GTO speed limiter

2006 GTO speed limiter

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS, Vas@Diablosport, JonDiablosport

Post Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:18 pm

Ok need some help..... I have the tuner model U7191. I have a 2006 gto and I cant remove or make the speed limiter higher. There is no setting on my tuner. In the manual it says for trucks only. I was told by diablosport and said on many websites it will automatically remove it with a tune. I found that out not to be true. Now other websites saying on hp tuners not diablosport. My car went 160 mph stock. Still 160 mph after diablo tune, cold air intake, and long tube headers. Help plz?

Post Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:34 pm

Have you considered the fact that it may not go any faster than 160 MPH?

Does it actually feel like you are hitting a limiter?

If so, post a copy of the current tune here, I'll check it out.

Post Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:47 pm

Pardon me for asking, but WHY IN THE HELL DO YOU NEED TO GO FASTER THAN 160?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :drivingbad:
Makin friends one post at a time!

05 Chevy Z71 5.3L, 18x9 KMC XD Spy Wheels, 275/70R18 Cooper Zeon LTZ, Cherry Bomb Exhaust, K&N Drop in, Predator TWEAKED

Post Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:36 pm

did you install the diablo tune, or are you just trying to modify the factory stock tune and raise the speed limiter?

cuz, there is no user-adjustable parameter for the speed limiter - you have to install the diablo tune...

I just compared a stock gm tune to the diablo tune... the stock gm tune has the speed limiter set to 155mph... the diablo tune has the speed limiter set to 254mph...

sounds like maybe the diablo tune didn't get installed...
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:04 pm

I installed the diablo tune. I can definately feel the power increase after each mod i did. (Mods are installed after, not all at once). I felt the power increase after the diablo tune and it said tuning successful. Yes it feels like i'm hitting a limiter, it will go to 160mph then i guess fuel cuts off and goes to 155mph then i can go back to 160mph. I have tried going back to factory tune then installing diablo tune again. Still same results...... I know it can go faster than 160mph because i have seen other gto's do it.

Post Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:35 pm

06_Goat wrote:
I installed the diablo tune. I can definately feel the power increase after each mod i did. (Mods are installed after, not all at once). I felt the power increase after the diablo tune and it said tuning successful. Yes it feels like i'm hitting a limiter, it will go to 160mph then i guess fuel cuts off and goes to 155mph then i can go back to 160mph. I have tried going back to factory tune then installing diablo tune again. Still same results...... I know it can go faster than 160mph because i have seen other gto's do it.

Stop trying to get yourself and others killed!

Post Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:51 am

If so, post a copy of the current tune here, I'll check it out.

Post Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:39 pm

Is the limter also removed in the 91 octane tune? And are you sure it's been removed, cause I know on a c6 it's not possible to remove the limiter...

Post Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:04 pm

yes, it is removed inthe tune on the GTOs.

Return to Predator GM Gas