Board index Predator Technical Discussion Predator GM Gas GM gas Predator hardware upgrade program in place!

GM gas Predator hardware upgrade program in place!

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS, Vas@Diablosport, JonDiablosport

Post Fri May 14, 2010 2:19 pm

Best thing would be to send it in for the $99 credit toward a U7194 or better yet, a Trinity...or you could try to sell it yourself, but it is locked due to the older nature of that tool.

Post Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:14 pm

hi mike i have a 08 LS3 tuned it with the preditor and would like to add kn cold air called tech they told me to go here any info about what to do next? thanks

Post Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:28 pm

install the CAI kit... make sure all clamps are TIGHT so there are no air leaks...

then do some data logging and get your fueling adjusted correctly, so that your average fuel trims (ltft's) are at 0 to -2...

http://diablosport.com/index.php?name=P ... opic&t=917
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Post Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:21 pm

I have a new 2010 GS vette LS3 with a Hurricane cold air package that was jsut installed. We just got a new predator for a c6/z06. When I plug in the predator the 1st time does the predator back-up the factory settings only or will it be somehow be trying to read what the car has on it because when we changed out the Hurricane unit a check engine light came on - Haven't read the code yet but our guess so far is it's a fuel-air issue.

Should we start by backing up the ECU and then have to do some special adjustments with the tune.
Hurricane mfr says teh check engine light should go out in a while after numerous starts to learn ? Hasn't happened. yet.

any ideas?

Post Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:27 pm

It is likely a lean code, you can read it with the predator now.

Once you choose which tune you want to install, the Predator will read the backup file and save it.

Post Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:02 am

Mike,
If it is a lean code will the new tune correct the issue?

The instructions are not very detailed as to what tune options provide.. WHere can I get more info on more details?

Post Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:20 am

You'll need to do some logging to adjust the tune for the lean codes, all explained here:

http://diablosport.com/index.php?name=P ... opic&t=917

Post Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:43 pm

U7194, 2010, C6, LS3, Grand Sport,

When I go to support I can' find any documents to download for this model? The docs that are listed are for older versions. FUSES AND iD'S ARE NOT THE SAME FROM WHAT WE CAN TELL.

Where do we find the correct docs to download?

Also, on a keyless ignition what are we to do with the inition toggle switch while tyring to download.. Do we switch to accessory mode......????

Post Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:19 pm

Yes, use accessory mode.

No need to pull fuses....just make sure everything is turned off...

Post Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:41 am

where can I download docs for the 7149 ? The download area has older models.

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:32 pm

Do I need to reinstall the factory tune in my car before installing the update..

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:52 pm

Yes
Only one thing to say about my "Diablew" Tune!
" Just Friggin Wicked"
Now with TCM support...

Post Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:26 pm

Well damn...... been running a U7193 tune in my SSR since I bought it back in 2007 and, if I'm reading this post correctly, I am still sitting on one of the older models that can't be updated online.

When it boots up, it says "GM04 Predator 2.10"

You guys going to hook me up or should I just use one of the Flashpaqs sitting on the shelf here? :-)
Cheers,
Lloyd
www.TunerTools.com

Post Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:53 pm

correct... that's revision 2.10.. no internet download updatability... and, you're out of the 2 year warranty....

so, check out the info on the upgrade program page... ;)
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Post Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:57 pm

nah.... makes a perfectly fine paper weight. I'll put a Superchips tune in the SSR and try that for a while.
Cheers,
Lloyd
www.TunerTools.com

PreviousNext

Return to Predator GM Gas