Board index Predator Technical Discussion Predator GM Gas GM gas Predator hardware upgrade program in place!

GM gas Predator hardware upgrade program in place!

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS, Vas@Diablosport, JonDiablosport

Post Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:36 am

TunerTools wrote:
nah.... makes a perfectly fine paper weight. I'll put a Superchips tune in the SSR and try that for a while.
Lloyd, Dan will hook you up....dont do something silly like that.

Post Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:50 am

mikel wrote:
TunerTools wrote:
nah.... makes a perfectly fine paper weight. I'll put a Superchips tune in the SSR and try that for a while.
Lloyd, Dan will hook you up....dont do something silly like that.

I was just bluffing :roll:
Cheers,
Lloyd
www.TunerTools.com

lol...

i have a 2010 silverado with the 4.8l, your site says the vehicle is supported. i had to update the unit to revision 9r16 (u7194), but it still won't tune the truck in any way. i can datalog through the tool and check/clear trouble codes, but it says "calibration not supported" whenever i try to select "performance tune" from the menu.

the 8th number of the vin on my truck is "A"
Last edited by Ieatpeople on Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

select to modify the stock tune and let it save a backup copy of the original stock tune from the vehicle...

then export the original backup tune file from the predator to your PC, and post it up here...

the diablo guys will need it in order to add support for your calibration ID...
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Post Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:06 pm

heres my original backup file:
Attachments
PCM_636005636594.grg
(64.08 KiB) Downloaded 120 times

Post Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:12 pm

thanks man....

I'll point it out to the guys when they are back at work in the office on Monday...
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Post Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:24 pm

so, any word on some progress? i have no idea how long it takes to write the new code thats needed, just wondering....

Post Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:18 pm

Ieatpeople wrote:
heres my original backup file:
Added here:
Attachments
u7194-9t17b.crom
(1.17 MiB) Downloaded 123 times

Post Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:13 pm

thanks alot guys, it works great now!!

Post Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:47 pm

i want a hook up!! for a new trinity

Post Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:40 pm

im looking at getting a u7198 for my ls1 can i data log or do i have to upgrade some how

Post Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:55 pm

if you buy it brand new, it will be the new version of the tool that will allow you to data log, yes...

if you buy it used, and it's an old model tool on a 2.xx revision, you will not be able to data log... you'll have to send it in to diablosport, along with $99, to get it upgraded to the newer version..

Post Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:33 pm

does it matter where i buy it from new?

Post Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:26 pm

nope...

but check out concoursdirect.com and marylandspeed.com... they usually have the best deals/pricing goin on...

also, you have to make sure you also buy the PC Interface Kit - which is the power adapter and usb/serial cable... you need that so that you can connect the predator to your Windows PC in order to download recorded/saved data logs, import/export tune files for when you want to get a custom tune, update it to any new revisions that may come out, etc etc.

PreviousNext

Return to Predator GM Gas