Board index Predator Technical Discussion Predator GM Gas GM gas Predator hardware upgrade program in place!

GM gas Predator hardware upgrade program in place!

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS, Vas@Diablosport, JonDiablosport

I picked up a Predator U7198 very cheap on ebay. Unfortunately it is locked and it is a very old one (software version 1.03). I was looking at the upgrade program and paying the unlocking fee and I wanted to know if this is still available.

Now I see you also talking about a trade in on a new Trinity. That might be even better. Is that still available? Do I also have t pay to unlock the Predator I have (in check case it doesn't really save me anything).

I am trying to determine my best choices.

I saw some instructions on unlocking a predator on the internet but I don't see the point in buying a download kit to try to unlock it and maybe rendering it useless or my truck dead.

I have a 2001 Chevy Suburban. I have a Airaid intake and throttle body spacer on it with Synthetic lluids and I am adding Accel Coils, Iridium Plugs and electric fan and a BBK throttle body today.

Eventually I want to add headers and a new exhaust and then get some custom tunes.

If you have advice on the best direction, I am interesting on hearing it :)

trade it in and get the Trinity... the predator's have been discontinued now anyway as of a few months ago...
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Monte,

Thank you. I also spoke to Tech Support and that is exactly what I decided to do.

I just filled out the RMA and sent it in.

We will be talking about customer tunes at some point, after I use and understand the tool better.

Thank you for the advice and all great info here in the forums! :twisted:

awesome, sounds good man!

and thanks for the good words, I appreciate it! :)
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

I have a predator. Came with a truck I purchased. Was working fine then display went blank. Back light works no data on screen.

It has no serial number on case and I don't have receipt. What are my options? Do I still qualify for the trade in?

TIA

Rick

trade in is available for anyone, but ideally, you should set it back to stock if possible before using a new tool.

How can I set it back to stock if the display on the predator is blank???

And what do I put in the required fields of the rma form? I don't have receipt or serial number.

Mike, what are my options for getting the vehicle back to stock? The display on the predator shows nothing.

their gone for the holiday man... call 'em up Wednesday morning...

I'll call today. :crashing:

Previous

Return to Predator GM Gas